• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Background image for custom stages?

libertyernie

Smash Ace
You need to edit STGEDIT_0.pac, STGEDIT_1.pac, or STGEDIT_2.pac - those are the files that contain the three templates for custom stages. (Custom stages don't contain the background themselves, since that would take up a lot more space.)

maian

Smash Apprentice
Oh, okay. That makes sense! But really, I'm a n00b when it comes to texture editing. I don't know how to do it! I just downloaded Brawlbox, and I feel like I'm intelligent enough to figure it out, but I need to know where to find the STGEDIT files, since they don't seem to be in my SD card...

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Custom stages show up as st_xxxxxxxx and so on. They will not contain those textures. Instead, you will need to download the files ernie mentioned. From there, I believe you can expand the texturedata[0] folder (or something like that) and find what you're looking for.

maian

Smash Apprentice
Right, does anyone know where to find the files? I downloaded the stage pack from this thread, but couldn't find them.

Top Bottom