• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BACK TRACKING a new ice climbers technique from byron YES THIS DOES WORK!

byron

Smash Apprentice
after trying this out at SSOB PART DUEX with sucess I want to share it with all of my fellow climbers. :laugh:

heres what you do.

first you grab them (BTW this only works on space animals) then headbutt them at least 1 time. now here comes the hard part you have to quickly back throw then have nanna wavedash backwards and grab fox/falco NOTE THIS MIGHT TAKE SOME PRATICE FOR SOME. now if you do it right nanna will catch fox/falco.

!THIS IS IMPORTANT!
after nanna catches him YOU WILL HAVE NO CONTROL OF WHAT SHE DOES! NONE! she will do one of several things she will instantly f-throw, or she will hit u several times and throw u in a random direction. I believe it has to do with how close she is to the edge. but fear not i have come up with the perfect solution continue the combo after she grabs fox/falco

you must as popo wavedash back to nanna and do a up tilt before she throws him away. I say do this because how you have racked on % and your back with nana so u can follow up with what ever u want when she throws him. if she f-throws or b-throws wavedash again and re grab or down smash. if she up throws do a u-air or f-air. if she down throws do another up tilt or re grab. this combo will move the fox/falco to the edge realy quickly and add enough % to gimp him if u hit him off the stage. HELL AFTER U GET IN THAT UP TILT U CAN PRETTY MUCH DO WHAT EVER U WANT TO THAT STUPID ANIMAL:chuckle:

ALSO KYU STATED THAT NANA THROWS NEAR THE EDGE WHEN SHE IS CLOSE THIS IS TRUE TOO.

also like moon walking this is flashy and helpful but dont rely on it too much or u will get owned, and it will hurt ALOT!:urg:

THE WAVEDASH GRAB IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN THIS IF U GET THE TIMING WRONG U WILL MISS HIM BUT IF U GET IT RIGHT NO AMOUNT OF DI OR TECH SKILL WILL SAVE HIM.
I DONT CARE IF YOUR FIGHTING THE BEST FOX/FALCO IN THE UNIVERSE. HE HAS NO HOPE.

THIS JUST IN HERE IS A VIDEO OF BACKTRACKING THE CAMERA IS PRETTY BAD BUT U CAN SEE BACKTRACKING IN ACTION.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQVBA9P4cVM

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
I was about to say, it's kinda useless considering you can easily d-throw -> regrab to Nana, which essentially does the same thing. But then I tried it out AND **** THIS IS SEXY.

To clarify something you mentioned in your post, if you are near the edge, Nana will throw towards the edge 100% of the time. If you back-track to the edge, you can follow up by regrabbing after her f-throw (the edge chaingrab). If you don't know what the edge chaingrab is, I suggest learning. It complements your technique beautifully.

Again, Nana always throws towards the edge. At the edge you can d-throw to Nana (who f-throws by default), move forward a little and regrab with Popo, and continue.

Does this work on any other characters?

byron

Smash Apprentice
I have vids but I need a capture card to put them on youtube I know that she throws near the edge but I think she throws random when she is in the middle.
I know its kind of useless but it does help to get them off the stage quicker and it looks alot better than simply down throw down air repeat. which is why I wanted to bring it up I see nobody using this. I did and the guy I was fighting was spechless. also I knew about the last thing u said kyu puff but back tracking only works on space animals and dorf at like extremly low % like 0%

byron

Smash Apprentice
I have one vid where I back tracks popo wavedashes and up tilt fox 2 times before nana f-throws and I wavedash again with popo and down smash. backtracking is more gimp combo than a death combo based on where u do it.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
The number of times Nana headbutts is completely random, as is the direction in which she throws if she isn't near a ledge. If you are on a platform she will always throw to the closer edge of the platform (either b-air or f-throw depending on which way she faces).

I mentioned the edge combo is because you can backtrack to quickly get to the edge, and follow with the inescapable edge combo.

Anyways, I'll be using this whenever I want to look cool. :)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lmao wow this is so hot

i wanna try it later

back throw to nana grab........... IS MELEE BECOMING BRALW?!?

ahahaha

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
OMFG this is awesome!!!!

i practiced with it a lot

i am able to zero death from it LOL

cuz if you bthrow and nana catches near the ledge, she will guaranteed fthrow which allows me to set up with ice block or just normal edgeguard with popo

TOOOO AWESOME

the back track... imma use this on my friends today LMAO!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha man your cute nana is the truth son

back track can be avoided by DI :C

and it sucks that i always perfect wavedash LOl cuz i think a shorter wavedash would make it more likely for me to grabs ometimes

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
You can d-throw d-air Fox to get him DI away, and then backtrack to the edge and start the edge combo or a gimp off of his bad DI. :)

Vts

Smash Champion
got some new stuff i need to test.

if anyone wants to try this go ahead.

basic chain grab nana does down air but before she lands instead of grabbing do another dair and have nana land and preform a jab or something while ur still landing.

man this sounds like failure already.

PB&J

Smash Hero
well sometimes i do down throw d air d throw nair to ice block and follow up which ever they di..but backtracking can be use for alot of things and it is good to have alot of things in your arsenal just in case u are messing up on one thing u can fall back on the other and it confuses the opponent..nana is too good

Top Bottom