• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Back Throw to Flare Blitz Combo Tip

Spannondorf

Smash Rookie
Okay, so this combo is highly unreliable and should only be used if you want to style heavily on your opponents, but if you want to take the risk I just wanted to share a bit of info.
For starters, if you want to do this and live, the closest you can be to the ledge is about one of our rolls away. It'll look like you're about to SD, bit if you hold towards the ledge you can survive. With our new air speed buff making it back will be slightly safer too, it was pretry strict before...

The only other tip I have is that this will almost never work if your opponent DI's away, they'll always have time to dodge, and it won't work past around 50-60% at all.

So yeah, if you ever wanted to use the Back Throw to Flare Blitz combo to full effect, there you go. I guess this is also a tip for how far you have to be from the ledge to edge guard with Flare Blitz too. I don't know why you'd want to do that, but the option's there. I've done it a couple of times in For Glory, but that's not really saying much...

Anyway, later fellow Zards! Post comments or something, I dunno. I haven't posted a thread before...

Last edited:
Top Bottom