• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Back Throw Knockback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkshadovv

Smash Cadet
So I look over Kurogane Hammer's frame data on Ganondorf... I see Back Throw with a base knockback of 30 and a knockback growth of 130.

Then I look at other characters with notable killing throws: Bowser's forward/back has 60 base/66 growth, DK's back has 60 base/65 growth, and Ness's back has 15 base/130 growth.

I'm utterly confused. How does Ganondorf's back throw have high scaling that is twice than Bowser's/DK's and matches Ness's, but can't send people across an entire stage like them?

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
Damage affects knockback. Bowser and Ness's B-throws all come out as one hit of 12+ damage, while Ganon's B-throw is 2 hits of 5. That means the knockback is registered on the 5 damage hit, not the full 10 damage. Not to say the knockback is unitentionally low, but that's why its knockback values seem so high.

This should've gone in the Q/A thread.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Blob beat me to both the answer and the following suggestion about the Q/A thread. :p

So, I'm gonna go ahead and close this down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom