• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Back throw forward b?

comics

Smash Cadet
I noticed on CPUs I can back throw then forward b off stage to kinda spike them and kill the CPUs.

Of course this would result in killing yourself, but have you ever seen someone do this in a recording?

What percents/which characters would this work on? What the the ways the opponents could avoid this setup?

I'd never see this as viable or the best option, but it is pretty stylish if you have 2 stocks and the opponent is on their last or something.

Last edited:

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
With proper DI this would not be a legitimate strat.
Things that work a lot on CPUs often turn out to not be very good in a real game, provided the players have any idea what they are doing.

comics

Smash Cadet
With proper DI this would not be a legitimate strat.
Things that work a lot on CPUs often turn out to not be very good in a real game, provided the players have any idea what they are doing.
Shouldn't be able to be done at any percent on any character?

What I thought.

Thanks. Of course I've never done this in a real game due to it being more trouble than it is worth.

Was hoping that maybe in SOME circumstances with proper DI this could be used. Haven't played around with it and was wondering if anyone else has.

Flippy Flippersen

Smash Journeyman
Even if the di isn't proper side b is meteor cancelable which would still mean you're putting your hopes on your opponent messing up terribly and if they don't you'll die for 10 ish%

comics

Smash Cadet
Even if the di isn't proper side b is meteor cancelable which would still mean you're putting your hopes on your opponent messing up terribly and if they don't you'll die for 10 ish%
DANNNNNG forgot about it being able to be meteor cancelled.

R.I.P., stupid gimp that I thought was the bee's knees in my mind.

Sad part now thinking about it, I've known all the reasons why this wouldn't work before I asked but I forgot.
Welp.

Thanks guys.

XVI

Smash Rookie
yeah, try doing this on the 20XX melee and the cpu will di randomly everytime. you'll miss most of the phantasms. even with lucky di, they'll meteor cancel it.

tbh I've done this in tourney with randall there to save me so even though they meteor cancelled, I lived. would be sick to pull off.

Top Bottom