• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Back throw -> Dacus on Floaties

MerzA

Smash Cadet
I stole a game off a Kirby by using back throw when he was around 65% into a Dacus for the quick kill. Does anyone know if this works reliably on floaties or was this just because of his DI?

Edit: Here's the video (Skip to 6:23)

I see that he used final cutter which may have kept him in place a bit longer, but I still think it's worth testing. Any Dacus hit on an unexpecting floaty that takes them around 90% can usually kill

Last edited:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
It really doesn't look like it guaranteed. It's a sick follow up nonetheless, and pretty much the best and manliest thing you could do in this situation.

MerzA

Smash Cadet
I'm gonna take this to the lab today and see what I find. Finally getting a guaranteed follow up out of throws on floaties besides dthrow->uair would be awesome

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Not too sure but it doesn't look that reliable because he stalled for a moment with a Up-B to the side. This means that if he didn't stall, you might not have gotten it and he would've been sent further. Can't really be punished though because he was too far.

Ace55

Smash Lord
I'm gonna take this to the lab today and see what I find. Finally getting a guaranteed follow up out of throws on floaties besides dthrow->uair would be awesome
Unless they're Samus/Luigi (possibly other new floaty+heavy chars) you should be able to get a fair or bair around killing % too. Not killing people from grabs is definitely a problem Ganon doesn't have.

Last edited:
Top Bottom