• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Baby Faces, ASSEMBLE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Ok, so I had made an LC team WAAAAAAY back then for the LC tourney and I lost the team. I was too lazy to make a new one until now, so behold!

Meowth (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 Def / 196 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Hypnosis
- Fake Out
- U-turn
- Bite

Dat Meowth. On the first turn it can use Fake Out like every single other pokemon that has it regardless of what's out besides a Ghost type. Then it can hypnosis and then start wearing it down with Technician boosted Bite. If somebody switches in an unfavorable matchup, I can simply use U-Turn and get da **** out of there

Diglett (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 236 Spd
Hardy Nature
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Claw

Dat Digglet. This one works as a revenge killer. It can come in and BOOM, wreck havok with EQ. Got another Choiced pokemon that's faster than you? Simple, just use SP to out prioritize them. HP Ice are for pokemon like dat Hippotatas and Shadow Claw is for pokemon that you know is slower than you and that way you can enjoy killing ghost types like Gastly. And the best part is, they can't escape because you have arena trap AHHHHHH

Gligar (M) @ Oran Berry
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 236 Atk / 236 Spd / 36 SDef
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail
- Quick Attack

Dat Gligar. What we got here is a typical Gligar sweeper. When it reaches below half it's health, it can just take an Oran Berry and feel all better again. Quick Attack is to switch in and get that kill with QA. Swords Dance allows it to get moar attack which benefits it in the long run, EQ is just to deal A LOT of damage, even bringing Hippotatas down to it's knees :evil:. Aqua Tail is to take care of other Gligars and Hippos that switch into you

Munchlax (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 76 HP / 156 Atk / 36 Def / 240 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Return
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Protect

Dat Munchlax is the top tier stall machine. Pursuit is for pokemon that switch out on you, Return is it's main attack move and EQ is for fire types that can switch into, like Houndour. But oh wait, I'm down in the red zone. What do I do? Simple. Just start spamming Protect like hell until you recover enough health from your leftovers

Elekid (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Static
EVs: 252 Atk / 236 Spd / 20 SAtk
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Cross Chop
- Ice Punch
- ThunderPunch
- Quick Attack

Dat Elekid is supposedly a top tier sweeper. It can destroy teams with CC. Like Gligar, it can always switch into a pokemon in the red zone and QA it to death. TP are for water types aka Starmie and IP is for pokemon like Gligar

Houndour (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 244 Spd / 200 SAtk / 40 SDef
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Hidden Power [Ground]

OMG dat Houndour. It's main function here is to revenge pokemon. Sucker Punch is for other choiced pokemon that with proper prediction, can save the day. HP Ground is for fire types that switch in expecting you to hit them with a Fire Blast thus activating Flash Fire aka other Houndour. DP is for **** like ghost tyes and FB... well it's STAB makes it very profitable

So now you know what they do and perhaps you can suggest improvements to this team, since I haven't played in god knows how long

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Ok, so I had made an LC team WAAAAAAY back then for the LC tourney and I lost the team. I was too lazy to make a new one until now, so behold!

Meowth (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 Def / 196 Spd
- Hypnosis
- Fake Out
- U-turn
- Bite

Dat Meowth. On the first turn it can use Fake Out like every single other pokemon that has it regardless of what's out besides a Ghost type. Then it can hypnosis and then start wearing it down with Technician boosted Bite. If somebody switches in an unfavorable matchup, I can simply use U-Turn and get da **** out of there
All dis ****** do is grab

Diglett (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 236 Spd
Hardy Nature
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Claw

Dat Digglet. This one works as a revenge killer. It can come in and BOOM, wreck havok with EQ. Got another Choiced pokemon that's faster than you? Simple, just use SP to out prioritize them. HP Ice are for pokemon like dat Hippotatas and Shadow Claw is for pokemon that you know is slower than you and that way you can enjoy killing ghost types like Gastly. And the best part is, they can't escape because you have arena trap AHHHHHH
Gastly has Levitate, and its damage output sucks vs. other ghosts. Try Naive or Naughty natures here, it gives HP Ice a bit more damage.

Gligar (M) @ Oran Berry
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 236 Atk / 236 Spd / 36 SDef
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail
- Quick Attack

Dat Gligar. What we got here is a typical Gligar sweeper. When it reaches below half it's health, it can just take an Oran Berry and feel all better again. Quick Attack is to switch in and get that kill with QA. Swords Dance allows it to get moar attack which benefits it in the long run, EQ is just to deal A LOT of damage, even bringing Hippotatas down to it's knees :evil:. Aqua Tail is to take care of other Gligars and Hippos that switch into you
Gligar's pretty standard but you might wanna think about Aerial Ace over quick attack and running a Yache Berry so you won't get KO'ed by any special Ice attack that hits you.

Munchlax (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 76 HP / 156 Atk / 36 Def / 240 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Return
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Protect

Dat Munchlax is the top tier stall machine. Pursuit is for pokemon that switch out on you, Return is it's main attack move and EQ is for fire types that can switch into, like Houndour. But oh wait, I'm down in the red zone. What do I do? Simple. Just start spamming Protect like hell until you recover enough health from your leftovers
He won't recover much with lefties even though he gets 2 HP a turn. Try Fire Punch over Protect, you're really not going to stall much out and Protect will just offer your opponent a free switch once they pick up onto it, and that at least lets you hit Bronzor.

Elekid (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Static
EVs: 252 Atk / 236 Spd / 20 SAtk
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Cross Chop
- Ice Punch
- ThunderPunch
- Quick Attack

Dat Elekid is supposedly a top tier sweeper. It can destroy teams with CC. Like Gligar, it can always switch into a pokemon in the red zone and QA it to death. TP are for water types aka Starmie and IP is for pokemon like Gligar
all dis ****** do is sweep *****es across the floor. mixed version might be better?

Houndour (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 244 Spd / 200 SAtk / 40 SDef
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Hidden Power [Ground]

OMG dat Houndour. It's main function here is to revenge pokemon. Sucker Punch is for other choiced pokemon that with proper prediction, can save the day. HP Ground is for fire types that switch in expecting you to hit them with a Fire Blast thus activating Flash Fire aka other Houndour. DP is for **** like ghost tyes and FB... well it's STAB makes it very profitable
You probably don't need 2 scarfers on your team, particularly since lots of priority overcomes your sweepers. Try a substitute set over your current one, EVs are fine but replace either Sucker Punch or Dark Pulse with Substitute, and be sure to run a -Def/SpDef nature if you keep Sucker Punch.
So now you know what they do and perhaps you can suggest improvements to this team, since I haven't played in god knows how long
Comments in red BLUE, mang.

rockem7

Smash Ace

You should try this set on Munchlax. It's done me pretty well.

Munchlax @ Oran Berry
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Atk / 116 Def / 16 SpD
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spe)
-Curse
-Return
-Earthquake
-Fire Punch / Seed Bomb

Like I said, this set has done wonders for me in LC, so you should at least try it out. :p

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
You haven't provided a general strategy for your team or a threat list.
I'd have done that **** if I had actually been able to FIND somebody to do a match with. I've seen at least 3 people in LC during the past day, and all of them have an invalid team, so it's like I can't actually do any testing **** here.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I'd have done that **** if I had actually been able to FIND somebody to do a match with. I've seen at least 3 people in LC during the past day, and all of them have an invalid team, so it's like I can't actually do any testing **** here.
And that's your problem. You only tested for a ****ing day.

So you know about as much about your team as we do. Why should we be rating this again?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Well... I dunno... I was hoping you guys could help based on your experiences with the tier or something. Seems like I'm getting suggestions anyways

Anyways, I finally got to test out my team in an LC tourney in PO and I'll update it later with the weaknesses and such

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Well... I dunno... I was hoping you guys could help based on your experiences with the tier or something. Seems like I'm getting suggestions anyways
Well the suggestions you've gotten so far are pretty obvious. Change natures to ones that make a lot more sense (wtf is this Hardy **** on Diglett), change one of your scarfers to something else, get rid of lefties on Munchlax for Oran Berry...those are obvious things that you can usually just tell at first glance. We didn't need to read anything more than the sets to figure all that out.

And Rockem's just promotin'.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Riddle's right. In the future, if you can't find a match, simply don't post the RMT until you've had a chance to test it. Furthermore, you can provide a general strategy without testing it.

Anyway, PM me the changes once you've got them and I'll edit them in and reopen the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom