• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

B-Sticking

cisyphus

Smash Ace
I've thrown it onto my Snake recently, and I'm digging the results quite a bit: C4 damage boosting without any fastfall inputs, C4 out of dash without catching the crouch animation. pivot tranq, wavebounced tranq, wavebounced grenades, and wavebounced aerial C4s are all immediate benefits I've seen. Cypher oos might be more consistent too.

ImmaAsian

Smash Cadet
Hmm, I'll give this a try later. I am early into learning Snake (Day 2 already doing BnBs), so I will keep this in mind when I've had more experience with him. Thanks for the input though!

cisyphus

Smash Ace
I have since taken this off my Snake (because Dair has entered my gameplay so thoroughly, probably due to Melee Falco play) and I'm curious as well about Attack-Sticking for true CC ftilts and jabs and such (Via playing around with Charizard). I worry mostly about losing easy pivot fsmash—but then how viable is that anyway? I found it difficult to use this scheme consistently, finding grenades coming out in place of C4s and tranqs (among other problems). You also lose the opportunity to DACUS without doing a whole bunch of other control modifications (you have to comfortable changing your shoulders around—and I'm just not). I think A-Sticking is the more beneficial choice here, yeah?

On that note, endorsing changing the unused jump button to an Attack button so that you can claw your DACUS, eliminating the boost grab missed input problem I've found with the traditional Z-button DACUS (any better answers to this dilemma?). So right now I'm thinking:

A: Attack
B: Special
X: Attack
Y: Jump
Z: Grab
L: Shield
R: Shield
C: Attack

Footstooling is an interesting option for X/Y of course, and if you've got your Z-button DACUS down, I mean why not? I find it too situational and plainly uncomfortable and unfamiliar to footstool people, so I don't know about that one.

moonfolk

Smash Apprentice
Use R or L as attack. That should help a lot. Train yourself to use ONLY L or R for L-cancelling, blocking, and dodging. Then use X for up taunt; gives you footstools and cigarettes.

Top Bottom