• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

B-Reverse Aura Sphere Into Upsmash

Cindella

Smash Rookie
NNID
Cindella83
I'm having a bit of trouble with this particular technique, as I can't seem to get the inputs right. Any help would be appreciated.

Empire~

s a d b o y s
The inputs for a B reverse are B → push Directional Stick in opposite direction you are facing pretty much as soon as you press B. To do this in the air simply jump backwards or forwards then do the above.

The inputs for a jump-cancelled upsmash are Shield → Directional Stick Up → Jump → A. This all has done very quickly out of an ASC, especially Jump → A. If you have tap-jump on I think you can just do Shield → flick directional stick up → A, skipping the jump step.

I'd definitely recommend going to training mode and slowing things down to 2/3 speed. Imo, don't try to do both at once starting off, get each down separately then put them together. But whatever works for you is probably best.

Also, MySmashCorner has a video on how to B-reverse if you wanna check that out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw1elkJwtDo

Cindella

Smash Rookie
NNID
Cindella83
Thanks for the reply. I've gotten the b-reversal down, but I'm tending to get an uptilt instead of an upsmash when I try to jump cancel it. Also, quick, embarrassing question: how does one aura sphere cancel?

Empire~

s a d b o y s
hmmm, not quite sure how you're uptilting instead of smashing... the "stick up" is obviously registering... maybe you're not pressing jump correctly? Unfortunately I'm not at home atm so I can't check it now, but will later.

ASC stand for Aura Sphere Charge, not Cancel. If someone did mentioned the term "aura sphere cancel" they might simply be referring to cancelling the charge with shield, but that's just speculation.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Right. To do this, Aura Sphere Charge (ASC) has to be interrupted by putting up your bubble shield which I guess can be called aura sphere canceling but eh. There isn't a jargon term for it, but frankly it could be called ASCC though I may not condone to that suggestion unless the Lucario boards frequently use the term.

How do you normally jump out of shield Cindella?

Last edited:

Cindella

Smash Rookie
NNID
Cindella83
Right. To do this, Aura Sphere Charge (ASC) has to be interrupted by putting up your bubble shield which I guess can be called aura sphere canceling but eh. There isn't a jargon term for it, but frankly it could be called ASCC though I may not condone to that suggestion unless the Lucario boards frequently use the term.

How do you normally jump out of shield Cindella?
I normally hold down shield, then press X.

Empire~

s a d b o y s
I messed around in training mode for a bit. The only way I could uptilt was if I didn't press jump in addition to letting go of shield. MAKE SURE you a) press jump immediately before you press A, and b) hold shield. If I was in your situation I'd practice it step-by-step like this, doing each step a bunch of times:

1. Directional stick up -> Jump -> A
2. Shield -> Directional stick up -> Jump -> A
3. Asc -> Shield -> Directional stick up -> Jump -> A

hope this helps

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Okay then yeah Cindella, Empire has you covered. When you're jump canceling Up smash, you have to let Lucario begin his jumpsquat animation so that you won't get Up tilt. So after you get the feel for doing it by itself, then doing it out of shield, you can go to the final step & apply it out of an ASC.

Last edited:

Cindella

Smash Rookie
NNID
Cindella83
I messed around in training mode for a bit. The only way I could uptilt was if I didn't press jump in addition to letting go of shield. MAKE SURE you a) press jump immediately before you press A, and b) hold shield. If I was in your situation I'd practice it step-by-step like this, doing each step a bunch of times:

1. Directional stick up -> Jump -> A
2. Shield -> Directional stick up -> Jump -> A
3. Asc -> Shield -> Directional stick up -> Jump -> A

hope this helps
Woo! Got it down! Is there any easy way to set up in a battle?

Empire~

s a d b o y s
It really depends on positioning and stuff like that. But if you're looking to set it up in Neutral I like to a) Jump back -> b-reverse in, and b) approach with short-hop asc. But like I said, it depends a lot on the game-state, eg if you're falling down and away from your opponent you can b-reverse into them, or you can simply anticipate their roll with an asc and let them roll into it. Another great trick is to charge aura sphere at the ledge when the opponent's trying to get back. Opponents who don't know how to deal with this usually get caught in it trying to get-up attack, regular get-up, or jump. If they roll, react to it by firing the aura sphere.

Generally speaking, there's heaps of ways to catch the opponent between b-reverses, wavebounces and grounded charges, so just look for an opening and take it.

Top Bottom