• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

B-air into u-air?

Trufax

Smash Rookie
I was playing around with this idea the other day. I've used it in a few matches with success as long as I don't really try and go for it too often. Seems like a nice surprise move. Has anyone else used this before?

Here's an example of me doing it from grab.

http://imgur.com/FIsiXyR

Odd_0ne

Smash Cadet
NNID
MusicHero64
3DS FC
4124-5828-2172
Its been a combo since like the first week of Lucas release. Nothing new

Dealta

Smash Rookie
NNID
StFonz
In case you weren't aware also, at fairly low oercents from a downthrow you can get:

Back air spike - up air - nair - nair - up air

Character dependant of course, and most of the time it's better to go for the guaranteed nair damage.. Good mix up though.

Also worth mentioning it hinges on the spike bounce too. This means they can throw out a move to interrupt the up air if they have one quick enough..

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
In case you weren't aware also, at fairly low oercents from a downthrow you can get:

Back air spike - up air - nair - nair - up air

Character dependant of course, and most of the time it's better to go for the guaranteed nair damage.. Good mix up though.

Also worth mentioning it hinges on the spike bounce too. This means they can throw out a move to interrupt the up air if they have one quick enough..
I figured this out the other week. low % Dthrow to bair spike > uair > uptilt > whatever is godlike.

People sleep on up air, it's a REALLY good move and I don't think its small hitbox is that big of a handicap considering what it does.

Dealta

Smash Rookie
NNID
StFonz
I figured this out the other week. low % Dthrow to bair spike > uair > uptilt > whatever is godlike.

People sleep on up air, it's a REALLY good move and I don't think its small hitbox is that big of a handicap considering what it does.
Yeah it is pretty great.. Also forgot to mention if they di forward and out of up air range, on reaction you can usually hit them with a sour fair instead (which can lead to follow ups too).

Top Bottom