• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Awww Yeah! Poll Time!

Hyrule at SmashCon!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Studstill

Smash Ace
In lieu of the more extensive polls, and in hopes that Smash Con will be the latest best tournament ever, we have just one question here.
Except for Minwu, who is super cool and obviously very quick, please just click on one of them answers and leave the key slapping (ala KP) for another thread.

Last edited:

Minwu

Smash Journeyman
as a completely terrible long time spectator planning to attend this event, i voted based on what i like watching because that's how polls work

Last edited:

Studstill

Smash Ace
@ Madao Madao
If possible I would like this thread to not be a thread at all and simply a question. Is there a way to lock replies but still allow people to answer?

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
sorry guys but this tourney is run by nintendude meaning the chances of hyrule being legal are basically non existent. Just pray that its not dl only

caneut

Smash Ace
sorry guys but this tourney is run by nintendude meaning the chances of hyrule being legal are basically non existent. Just pray that its not dl only
because kongo and peaches are good for high tiers and not low tiers? damn rat-main how much of an advantage do you need to feel good about yourself?

Madao

@ Madao Madao
If possible I would like this thread to not be a thread at all and simply a question. Is there a way to lock replies but still allow people to answer?
I don't think I can lock it, while still allowing people to vote.

UNKN{OWN}iXi

Smash Journeyman
Hyrule would probably be a better stage for competitive play if the left and right sections were removed, leaving only the middle area with its platforms.

As is, nope, unless there's a timer.

caneut

Smash Ace
Hyrule would probably be a better stage for competitive play if the left and right sections were removed, leaving only the middle area with its platforms.

As is, nope, unless there's a timer.
so you can still camp top platform?

Studstill

Smash Ace
I`d rather this not be a thread, but to address the above:
Nintendude being TO makes it his call, makes him the judge so to speak.
That doesn`t allow him to set player opinion, it requires him to be informed of player opinion.
This is an attempt to help him be informed.

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
Where is the option that's "This thread is a waste of time and space"?

Hyrule isn't going to be unbanned ever again, and even if you got the majority vote on some lousy smashboards thread that means nothing towards changing a crucial tournament ruleset because any idiot can vote on these threads.

Last edited:

Bassic

Smash Apprentice
Why has hyrule suddenly been stripped from APEX and other major tournaments?

Where's the link to the exact reason behind it? That is a great stage.

MrMarbles

Smash Lord

look up "a case against hyrule". it really wasn't sudden it was debated for years and escalated up until apex 2014 when Nintendude made the decision to ban it

Studstill

Smash Ace
"Any idiot" can play this game and have an opinion that via a tournament ticket turns into a voice.
I am honestly shocked that @Nintendude lets comments such as these speak for him.
I`m further saddened that any attempt at discussion is shouted down and bullied.
It`s just a sad way to discuss rules.

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
to discuss this we need to discuss why hyrule is banned in the first place lol

Madao

Where is the option that's "This thread is a waste of time and space"?
Let's not be too harsh, please. I understand you are strongly against hyrule, but it would be better if worded it more nicely. I'd rather people civilly debate this topic than have it turn into another flame war.

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
Let's not be too harsh, please. I understand you are strongly against hyrule, but it would be better if worded it more nicely. I'd rather people civilly debate this topic than have it turn into another flame war.
This hyrule legality type of thread has already been made by studstill so many times. So many times he has been given a ton of logical arguments, reasoning, evidence, etc. and the only thing he ever responds with is dismissive passive aggressive tones that completely ignore what we say like "that's just gibberish", "you're just trying to [______] because you can't handle/you're just bad at hyrule", etc. Then he'll go and give either awful reasoning of his own or sometimes just give none at all, "I know you're wrong because you know nothing about how this game works". These threads always start out the same way and end the same way, going nowhere because you cannot reason with studstill in a normal discussion. Studstill hyrule threads are toxic and are pretty much spam at this point and I'm surprised that as a moderator you're defending this.

You're newer so I'll actually give you a response. Hyrule has been banned since apex 2014 for many reasons, with the single biggest and only necessary rule to ban it being that it is too big and it allows for defensive play that forces matches to take insane amounts of time unless someone doesn't feel like winning. Some examples:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErxU9g8Twxg&t=877
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D52KGq4jlMQ&t=500
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a899okNYfME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiQp5w-9IAE (best one)

Last edited:

Madao

This hyrule legality type of thread has already been made by studstill so many times. So many times he has been given a ton of logical arguments, reasoning, evidence, etc. and the only thing he ever responds with is dismissive passive aggressive tones that completely ignore what we say like "that's just gibberish", "you're just trying to [______] because you can't handle/you're just bad at hyrule", etc. Then he'll go and give either awful reasoning of his own or sometimes just give none at all, "I know you're wrong because you know nothing about how this game works". These threads always start out the same way and end the same way, going nowhere because you cannot reason with studstill in a normal discussion. Studstill hyrule threads are toxic and are pretty much spam at this point and I'm surprised that as a moderator you're defending this.
I'll admit, I forgot about him making those threads. Perhaps I'm being optimistic, but I think maybe Studstill has changed. If it gets to the point where history repeats itself, I'll take action.

I have nothing wrong with your stance on this subject. I just think that the way you wrote that post could have been nicer. I'd rather not have to lock threads since there isn't too much activity here. Perhaps I need to refresh my memory though ;/ .

caneut

Smash Ace
stud may have changed but the argument hasn't. does the fact that stud may not be the rage hungry southern beast he once was change the fact that the hyrule argument has been put to rest?
This hyrule legality type of thread has already been made by studstill so many times. So many times he has been given a ton of logical arguments, reasoning, evidence, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiQp5w-9IAE

Studstill

Smash Ace
I would like to note that I requested no one comment on this at all, that it not be a thread at all.
If I wanted to make a Hyrule thread I would. I have made this a few months out from a Major tournament, as I have for the last two since I have been an active player on the scene.
I`m sorry if that annoys or angers some people around here, but I have no idea why this is being treated this way.
Isn`t the express purpose of SWF this kind of thing? If you don`t want to hear or read the poll/thread,
THEN JUST DON`T DO IT.

I am literally just trying to find out what the temperature is of the only people who matter:
SSB64 players, namely the population of this forum.

Really unclear on why there is so much animosity on this subject.
It`s a rules question, honestly one step above an opinion poll.
Jesus.

Last edited:

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
In lieu of the more extensive polls, and in hopes that Smash Con will be the latest best tournament ever, we have just one question here.
Except for Minwu, who is super cool and obviously very quick, please just click on one of them answers and leave the key slapping (ala KP) for another thread.
Would You Say Minwu Goes Fast

Shears

Smash Master

to discuss this we need to discuss why hyrule is banned in the first place lol
There are several threads already about this discussion. You can find this discussion in the social thread and ask a question thread as well. The way I see this whole Hyrule discussion:

Minority: "Why is Hyrule illegal, we should allow it"
Majority: "No its banned, [insert good reasons]"
Minority: waits a couple months
Minority: waits a few months
Minority: "Is Hyrule still banned"
Majority: "Yes, stop asking"
Minority: "Can we legalize Hyrule"
Majority: "No"
*rinse and repeat

To me this whole Hyrule discussion is like drug addicts looking to legalize heroin:

Addict: "Why is Heroin illegal, we should allow it"
Addict: waits a couple months
Addict: waits a few months
Addict: "Is Heroin still banned"
Addict: "Can we legalize Heroin"
*rinse and repeat

Literally replace the word Hyrule with Heroin in every discussion about the stage's legality and the conversation will flow normally. Hyrule is Heroin, its depressing, toxic, gets you killed (see tornado) and takes the fun out of life while only appealing to the Addict while the Majority watches with pity, sorrow, and sympathy as the Addict can never let go and break its addiction to Heroin Hyrule.

It is not the job of every community member to be a DARE adviser and remind and educate every single person on the laws of the game and why Heroin Hyrule is banned. It is your duty as a citizen of 64 to become familiar with the rules of the community and educate yourself with why Heroin Hyrule is banned. If you want to go to a place where Hyrule Heroin is legal then go to Portugal, but here it has been banned.

Sedda

Smash Champion
yeah idk what's wrong with shears' example here. looks about right

i still love hyrule, but im not going to force other people to play on it during a tournament set

Last edited:

<Fruity>

Smash Apprentice
Literally replace the word Hyrule with Heroin in every discussion about the stage's legality and the conversation will flow normally. Hyrule is Heroin, its depressing, toxic, gets you killed (see tornado) and takes the fun out of life while only appealing to the Addict while the Majority watches with pity, sorrow, and sympathy as the Addict can never let go and break its addiction to Heroin Hyrule.

a pretty rude one, if u ask me

Capos

Smash Apprentice
There are several threads already about this discussion. You can find this discussion in the social thread and ask a question thread as well. The way I see this whole Hyrule discussion:

Minority: waits a couple months
Minority: waits a few months
Minority: "Is Hyrule still banned"
Minority: "Can we legalize Hyrule"
*rinse and repeat

To me this whole Hyrule discussion is like drug addicts looking to legalize heroin:

Addict: waits a couple months
Addict: waits a few months
Addict: "Is Heroin still banned"
Addict: "Can we legalize Heroin"
*rinse and repeat

It is not the job of every community member to be a DARE adviser and remind and educate every single person on the laws of the game and why Heroin Hyrule is banned. It is your duty as a citizen of 64 to become familiar with the rules of the community and educate yourself with why Heroin Hyrule is banned. If you want to go to a place where Hyrule Heroin is legal then go to Portugal, but here it has been banned.
I'd like to amend Hyrule to be guns. It can be used responsibly, but you can't eliminate the jerks who will abuse it, so everyone's safer if it's banned.

Last edited:

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I am a fan of Hyrule, but honestly, the stage sucks at anything about mid-level play. The only possible way it could be legalized would be if Gameshark was operable in tournaments and an 8 minute timer would be implemented. But the fact that this would have to be done is an actual problem. I mean, if you have to have a timer to make sure a tournament doesn't go on forever, there is honestly something wrong.

A lot of characters break the stage, the little lip on the left breaks the stage for anyone with a high priority grounded move, having a lead while camping the top platform breaks it with anyone with a high priority move. Having high percent and just waiting to do a tent combo breaks the stage. Fast and off-screen tornadoes break the stage (to anyone who claims that hey, you can hear it off screen, you haven't been to a tournament because quite simply, you aren't hearing much of anything that is subtle as there are a whole lot of people either yelling or playing louder on Dreamland. Also, nados on the top platform are dumb for various reasons.

This post is excellent, it should also be the generic summary from now on for anyone who wants to re-legalize (it) a stage.

Capos

Smash Apprentice
I am a fan of Hyrule, but honestly, the stage sucks at anything about mid-level play. The only possible way it could be legalized would be if Gameshark was operable in tournaments and an 8 minute timer would be implemented.
I feel like that would make it worse. My dream scenario would be a hack where a third party could force a tornado to spawn if someone starts camping and there's a stalemate, but obviously that's just hypothetical.

Studstill

Smash Ace
My comment is very serious, what is not to take seriously about?
BECAUSE YOU PUT "GOOD REASONS" INTO BRACKETS AND ACT LIKE PEOPLE WHO THINK THOSE ARE "BAD REASONS" SHOULD JUST PRETEND LIKE THEY ARE ARGUING FOR

HEROIN USE

Get a grip, Shears.
edit: I need the ability to like my own posts. : D

Last edited:

Madao

I am literally just trying to find out what the temperature is of the only people who matter:
SSB64 players, namely the population of this forum.
This is pretty much what I figured your intentions were. That's why I have no problem with this thread. Some posts in here were entertaining to read :) .

Really unclear on why there is so much animosity on this subject.
It`s a rules question, honestly one step above an opinion poll.
Jesus.
If you think about it, it's quite clear why "there is so much animosity" on this subject.

Top Bottom