• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Awakening Advertisment

Do you think an Awakening character (like Chrom) still has a decent chance?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Since this was already brought up by a few members, I figured it couldn't hurt to make a thread specifically for it.

http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/marth.html

So Fire Emblem: Awakening is advertised on Marth's page. Does this mean anything for the chances of an Awakening character? (notably Chrom or Lucina)

I didn't think so at first, although it does make sense that an advertisment on his page for game in which Marth was part of DLC content rather than being the main protagonist would mean the chances of an Awakening character would be significantly lowered.

Discuss.

Grimer approves this message. :088:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Marth did have a large role in this game as Marth?.

So it makes perfect sense to use Marth as advertisement.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Needs a maybe option.

I'm inclined to lean more towards no though.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
IIRC Marth was only part of DLC content. Perhaps I should change the OP a bit.
Marth the person yes, but he was still a major part of the main game. Because Lucina masqueraded as him under the name Marth?. So he's still usable for advertisement.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Marth the person yes, but he was still a major part of the main game. Because Lucina masqueraded as him under the name Marth?. So he's still usable for advertisement.
Ah thanks, didn't know that. I know a few things about Awakening, although I haven't played it.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I don't think this affects Chrom much, if at all. But it hurts Lucina's chances... badly.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Seeing as how every character revealed post E3 has a link advertising some game I don't think it really reflects on awakening characters chances at all.

D

Deleted member

I don't know much about Chrom due to his high popularity and fan demand. (though Roy is wanted more)

Lucina's chances, on the other hand, I find to be weakened. I can see her being an alternate costume for Marth.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
None of this has any effect on anyone's inclusion. It just makes more sense to reveal Marth now because he's expected. It would make sense that Sakurai have expected characters as the starters and leave the more questionable characters as unlockables for this game. That's what I think he's doing anyway

Azule07

Smash Cadet
tbh, i'd actually say it helps Lucina's chances a lot. Marth's gone back to a very retro design, as you see on the cards of the DLC - he looks nothing like Marth? did in the game.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Apparently, Marth is advertising FE12 on the Japanese site.

Interesting...

XTheElegantShadowX

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3625-7979-8675
I do think that Chrom still has a very good chance of making it onto the official roster, However, I do hope that if they do add him, he won't be a replacement for Ike (For several reasons, Chrom just wouldn't fit well with Ike's play-style."

Actually (slighting off topic) give us late PoR or RD Ike.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
This has been pointed out before, but try looking at the Japanese Marth page. It links to the FE12 website instead. Seeing how that game never left Japan, wouldn't make sense to link to a game people of a specific region couldn't play.

So I don't think it means anything at all

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I think we're looking to deep into that tbh. It doesn't mean anything, especially with Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem on the horizon, Chrom, Ike or Lucina could easily be used to advertise that.

Although it is also possible that Ike gets a link directed towards PoR or RD. Will be interesting to find out.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
I just wish that Marth got his look from the DLC of Awakening. At this point, Lucina isn't getting in. I think Chrom will, but there's an issue. He's in Marth's family, he has Marth's sword and shield, and he looks decently like him as well. Do you really think that Marth's bloodstream doesn't fight in the same manner that he did? If Chrom does fight like Marth, then he would be a clone. Therefor, though I still think Chrom will get in, it isn't out of the realm of possibility that Tharja will be put in over him, similar to how she got a Figma instead.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I just wish that Marth got his look from the DLC of Awakening. At this point, Lucina isn't getting in. I think Chrom will, but there's an issue. He's in Marth's family, he has Marth's sword and shield, and he looks decently like him as well. Do you really think that Marth's bloodstream doesn't fight in the same manner that he did? If Chrom does fight like Marth, then he would be a clone. Therefor, though I still think Chrom will get in, it isn't out of the realm of possibility that Tharja will be put in over him, similar to how she got a Figma instead.
OK, this is starting to bug me. I really don't understand the logic behind Tharja getting in over Chrom. That'd be like if they put in Toad before Mario. Besides that, I don't think he'd fight anything like Marth. Sakurai can be very creative with movesets when he wants to, so that's not really an issue (unless he wants a clone for whatever reason). The fact that they can use the version of Chrom with a sword & shield opens up more moveset potential too. He could have shield bashes, a different style of counter (since it seems a staple of Fire Emblem reps), and many other possibilities. He could even have moves involving a lance if they choose to do so.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I don't think chrom had a big shot anyway he is gonna be another roy, a character that stars in one game and is never heard from again unlike marth and ike, although I would really love the tactician(avatar) to be playable with a magic based moveset

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I think we're looking to deep into that tbh. It doesn't mean anything, especially with Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem on the horizon, Chrom, Ike or Lucina could easily be used to advertise that.

Although it is also possible that Ike gets a link directed towards PoR or RD. Will be interesting to find out.
Well Ike was also DLC like marth wasn't he?

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I don't think chrom had a big shot anyway he is gonna be another roy, a character that stars in one game and is never heard from again unlike marth and ike, although I would really love the tactician(avatar) to be playable with a magic based moveset
Well you can't really say he's a one-shot character just yet. With the popularity of Awakening they could easily make a direct sequel to it.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Well you can't really say he's a one-shot character just yet. With the popularity of Awakening they could easily make a direct sequel to it.
How?

Grima is defeated and everything was made right again, idk how they would continue the story.

If anything they'll do a game about priam being the main or have a story about roy's descendant or something completely new.

Course there's that crossover that's coming up, but then again all the important FE characters will be in that game as well.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I seriously doubt that they always change protagonists basically every game

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
How?

Grima is defeated and everything was made right again, idk how they would continue the story.

If anything they'll do a game about priam being the main or have a story about roy's descendant or something completely new.

Course there's that crossover that's coming up, but then again all the important FE characters will be in that game as well.
Lol they can make-up whatever the hell they want really. They could make one that takes place 30 years after Awakening, 3 years later from another perspective or when a new evil shows up,etc. It's not like they haven't done sequels/prequels before.

I would definitely like a game set somewhere else, but I think Awakening's popularity will spring up a game with some close connection to it.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Lol they can make-up whatever the hell they want really. They could make one that takes place 30 years after Awakening, 3 years later from another perspective or when a new evil shows up,etc. It's not like they haven't done sequels/prequels before.

I would definitely like a game set somewhere else, but I think Awakening's popularity will spring up a game with some close connection to it.
POR didn't have popularity, yet it got a sequel.

Popularity doesn't automatically mean a sequel. the chrom story is done imo, IS said they wanted FE to go into the further into the future, which is why their doing that crossover with SMT. which will have chrom and all the other FE protagonists and others etc.

As for the a main FE game my bet is that FE 14 will be something completely new. I don't think they'll keep milking marth's descendants, however a story based off priam could happen, if that's what you want.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Would be nice to see them do a sequel to FE3 given FE13 messed up Marth's happy ending and Grima's barebones backstory.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
POR didn't have popularity, yet it got a sequel.

Popularity doesn't automatically mean a sequel. the chrom story is done imo, IS said they wanted FE to go into the further into the future, which is why their doing that crossover with SMT. which will have chrom and all the other FE protagonists and others etc.

As for the a main FE game my bet is that FE 14 will be something completely new. I don't think they'll keep milking marth's descendants, however a story based off priam could happen, if that's what you want.
I get what you're saying, I'm just saying you never know. Just because Grima is gone doesn't mean they can't do a sequel/prequel/etc. That's all.

I heard about them wanting to do a modern/futuristic Fire Emblem too, and I think that'd be cool . Apparently Awakening was originally planned to be that way.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I get what you're saying, I'm just saying you never know. Just because Grima is gone doesn't mean they can't do a sequel/prequel/etc. That's all.

I heard about them wanting to do a modern/futuristic Fire Emblem too, and I think that'd be cool . Apparently Awakening was originally planned to be that way.
You just embrace chrom 2 much :awesome:. Don't get your hopes up is what i'm saying (a story with chrom without grima doesn't even make sense I mean what would he be doing 3 years later exactly? (Also to me, him fighting walhart and finding his sister was meh, the tactician is what really saved the story) imo. The last time we'll see chrom is in that crossover.

But it wasn't. FE 14 will probably be that way though.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
You just embrace chrom 2 much :awesome:. Don't get your hopes up is what i'm saying (a story with chrom without grima doesn't even make sense I mean what would he be doing 3 years later exactly? (Also to me, him fighting walhart and finding his sister was meh, the tactician is what really saved the story) imo. The last time we'll see chrom is in that crossover.

But it wasn't. FE 14 will probably be that way though.
He'd fight generic mc'bad guy bro (or just be jerkin his kerkin the whole game:awesome:). I really don't ~embrace the Chrom~ that much because I like other dudebros so much more (Hector and Ike). I'm just going to ~embrace the Chrom~ because why not? He's prob gonna be in Smash 4 so might-as-well warm up to the character.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
He'd fight generic mc'bad guy bro (or just be jerkin his kerkin the whole game:awesome:). I really don't ~embrace the Chrom~ that much because I like other dudebros so much more (Hector and Ike). I'm just going to ~embrace the Chrom~ because why not? He's prob gonna be in Smash 4 so might-as-well warm up to the character.
But that'd be boring tho..... (lol wut :awesome:) I don't embrace him because he's not as likely as most think, his chances are overrated imo.

(psst i'm bored, the roster thread keeps talking about tingle and ganondorf..... and I find that boring. thank you for talking about FE for a bit.)

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
But that'd be boring tho..... (lol wut :awesome:) I don't embrace him because he's not as likely as most think, his chances are overrated imo.

(psst i'm bored, the roster thread keeps talking about tingle and ganondorf..... and I find that boring. thank you for talking about FE for a bit.)
Yeah he's really just a one time character we won't really see again although I would love to have the tactician (Avatar) playable

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Yeah he's really just a one time character we won't really see again although I would love to have the tactician (Avatar) playable
We'll see him in that crossover though.

He might be, though I find him to be generic. but yeah April is when were gonna find out what's what. because March-April will be the months of fire emblem and if 2014 will be the year of release, expect some FE confirmations to happen around that time.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord

You're welcome :p, I love talking about Fire Emblem and Kirby. In fact, just mentioning Hector makes me want to play that game again:grin:.

(Ganondorf and Tingle discussions you say....I'm sorry :troll:)

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
You're welcome :p, I love talking about Fire Emblem and Kirby. In fact, just mentioning Hector makes me want to play that game again:grin:.

(Ganondorf and Tingle discussions you say....I'm sorry :troll:)
Then you must be my east coast clone, cause those are my two favorite topics. But no one here talks about that though, all I hear is Zelda/mario/Dk.... yawn. I'm playing that game right now. Lyn is a beast and hector is wrecking everybody. Eliwood will soon get on his horse, i'm in ch 27. and this is like my 11th or so playthrough. :p

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Then you must be my east coast clone, cause those are my two favorite topics. But no one here talks about that though, all I hear is Zelda/mario/Dk.... yawn. I'm playing that game right now. Lyn is a beast and hector is wrecking everybody. Eliwood will soon get on his horse, i'm in ch 27. and this is like my 11th or so playthrough. :p

I remember my first time playing through that game. I decided to give the Afa's drops to Hector because I didn't know what they did. What kind of monster am I? I still take that Hector into the battle mode thing and one-shot everyone lol.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]

I remember my first time playing through that game. I decided to give the Afa's drops to Hector because I didn't know what they did. What kind of monster am I? I still take that Hector into the battle mode thing and one-shot everyone lol.
Oh boy, some people are gonna be jelly.... (shin) :p

Anyway..... I always give the afa's drops to lyn.... just cause. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom