• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Avoid (some) Final Smashes

Mr_Hippie101

Smash Rookie
This was just somethin' I foun out while playing with my friends.

Situation: I was Kirby, my friend, Sonic. We're dukin' it out, things are goin pretty good for both of us. Then the smash ball pops up and starts floating around, tempting us both with its multicolored trippyness and sweet promises of a quick and easy victory. Unfortunatly for me he get is before I do. And before I can knock it out of him he uses it. "Super Sayan Sonic!!!" Without thinking I use my down-b, and turn myself into a rock. I'm thinking "Aww crap. . .he's gonna knock me out of this. . ." But no, he just whizzes right through me. I take no damage. I, involuntarily, pop out of rock form, and as quick as I can I go back into it. He continues to zig-zag back and forth before turning back to reg. Sonic. I pop out of rock form again and start fighting, having taken no damage from his final smash.

I was happy. . .and curious. . . "Could my rock form be used to avoid other Final Smashes?"

And so I began to experiment. . .I don't own the game, so I only got to try with the time I played with my friends. Here's what I found:

I works well with Sonic's (as explained above).
It also works well with pikachu's and pit's. Ness's an Lucas's. . .
Those are about all the ones I had time to try, so if someone could test this with the other characters I woul greatly appreciate it.

Plasmaexe

Smash Apprentice
Rock doesn't make you invincible. You eventually get out of it and there's enough time for them to still hit you, since it takes like a second or 2 to get back into rock form. There's also a certain amount of damage you can take while you're in rock till they knock you out of it and then they can just hit you. He should be able to turn and hit you again after whizzing right through you. Exactly why I hate Sonic's Final smash >__>. It's easier to avoid on some stages, but places like Battle field and Final destination make you an open target. You get some relief though from using it before they start doing damage to you.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
if you can use this to avoid marths, that will be amazing.

in fact, im going to go test it right now. along with all of the FSes.

EDIT: k, i just tested some FSes against kirbys stone. note that for all of these, kirby was at 0% before the FS started.

FSes that hit normally wether or not kirby is in stone form or not:
Marth (dang), Metaknight, Zelda (and Shiek), Link (and TL), Ike, Olimar (and possibly others i didnt test everyone)

FSes that are different when hitting you in stone form:

Falcon-his FS is completely avoided if you are in stone form when he uses it on you, its as though he didnt hit you.

Ganondorf-if you are in stone form, you will not be pounded into the ground, and take no damage, however when he rushes you will be sent flying (still taking no damage).

Lucario-you can survive for more than half the duration of his FS before he breaks you out of stone form.

Jigglypuff-dont use stone here, lol. you will get pushed far when jiggs fully inflates. if you are still by her when she's deflating, you take no damage in stone form.

Mario-if you are on the other side of FD, it wont break your stone, and you take no damage. if he starts it next to your stone, it will break you out right away, and you take lots of damage.

Peach- as long as you are in stone form while on the ground, you wont be put to sleep. and since you pop into the air when coming out, you can repeatedly press down+b to avoid being put to sleep.

Anyone else: i didnt test, because they are multihit or some other reason, and i would just end up counting how many hits you can take.

Mr_Hippie101

Smash Rookie
Cools ^^^
Yeah, for Lucario' FS I found it best to just jump up above the beam as many times as you can, then once your out of jumps go into rock form. . .

Thanks for the replies.

Top Bottom