• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Autosnap on Up-B changed?

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
I'll need to look at this later, since my time on the Wii U has been split between many characters and modes, but I didn't really notice anything weird about the ledge snap.

I do know he'll skip the ledge and land on stage if you hold down on the stick while passing the ledge, so maybe that's the issue? If not then that's a little weird.

EDIT: Now that you've mentioned it, I have noticed that he doesn't seem to snap to the ledge as much as he does on the 3DS. I probably didn't see it before because I'm used to playing him without the ledge snap in Brawl and PM. I'll need to play around with it some more.

Last edited:

IvoYaridovich

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4355-9654-5728
My observations (That may, or may not be correct) with him snapping to the ledge seem to be:

He'll always snap if you're facing the ledge when you up-b, and rub up against it going up or down. If you don't rub it, he won't snap.
He'll always snap if you're holding towards the ledge, and he's reached the point when he starts to slow down from the jump. This one he seems to do by being close to it, not necessarily rubbing it.
He'll never snap, if you're facing away from the ledge when you up-B, regardless of what you press, until he starts to slow down again, and cease snapping once he's flying downwards full speed. You will have to cancel this one.

Again, not sure if that's right or not. But its what I've noticed.

Jabejazz

Smash Ace
NNID
jabejazz
3DS FC
2079-8507-3496
Just don't hold up, and he'll snap the ledge.

Didn't have any issues regarding his recovery (yet).

My observations (That may, or may not be correct) with him snapping to the ledge seem to be:

He'll always snap if you're facing the ledge when you up-b, and rub up against it going up or down. If you don't rub it, he won't snap.
He'll always snap if you're holding towards the ledge, and he's reached the point when he starts to slow down from the jump. This one he seems to do by being close to it, not necessarily rubbing it.
He'll never snap, if you're facing away from the ledge when you up-B, regardless of what you press, until he starts to slow down again, and cease snapping once he's flying downwards full speed. You will have to cancel this one.

Again, not sure if that's right or not. But its what I've noticed.
Yeah all of this seems correct from what I can tell. Do you recall if this was the case with on 3ds?

IvoYaridovich

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4355-9654-5728
I believe so. I never noticed a difference transitioning and found it easy to decide whether to sweetspot or land on stage.

Top Bottom