• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Automatic Stutter Step from FULL Dash(Credit to Samurai Panda)

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
I swear there was a thread on this somewhere like, maybe a month ago. That, or I've known this for a while..

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
Well, I know his "finding" of being able to do smash attacks at the end of a dash was known already. Then Phanna posted his huge thread on true pivoting in Brawl, with video http://youtube.com/watch?v=_4tmLsflA_c Which I still haven't really bothered to mess with yet. Is there something completely different here that I'm missing, or is Panda just late to the party?

Edit: Just read through it again. Apparently you slide somewhat with it, or something. Doesn't seem that useful, since you have to turn around, and such. Or maybe I'm just missing something again..

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
They're similar, but different. Panda's focusing on the slide that you get when you hold the pivot. That's where all his excitement is coming from, I think.

Arde

Smash Rookie
Foxtrot into f-smash is actually the fastest way to do this for Sonic.

Tap forward -> wait less than a split second - smash forward and c-stick forward or smash forward and A button.

Phanna's thread also makes better use of this since his method eliminates going back from the pivot.
Basically:
dash -> directional stick goes back to neutral (this makes the char pivot) -> tap forward (char turns around again) -> any movement (tilts, smashes, specials)

darkNES386

Smash Lord
I'm still having trouble learnign the Phanna method... do you actually tap the other direction when dashing to stop and pivot or do you simply let off on the joystick and barely tap the opposite direciton?

I can fox-trot, fox-trot-----c stick fsmash with marth pretty easily. I'm sure the timing is different for sonic. I can do the back, back fox-trot forward c-stick with marth (where it basically looks like melee's wavedash back, fsmash forward move).

I can fox-trot--cstick fsmash with sonic. But I can't do anything out of the dash where he skids consistently. Sometimes I feel like it's faster and othertimes it doesn't work, and other times it seems slow.

pirateguru

Smash Apprentice
I actually just use a quick shield to get out of my dash. it pretty much get's the job done. You can also turn it into a spot dodge to make it easier for you to hit

Umby

Smash Master
The ****? Now that I look into it more, this was the same thing I was trying to practice after Izzy made a thread about using phanna's pivot information to pivot into Sonic's fsmash.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
Fox-trot: Tapping forward to dash but not starting your run. The animation for sonic is that he slides forward.

There's two different scenarios:

1)out of a fox trot
2)out of a pivot from a dash

1) is much easier... in fact, it's the same thing that lucky said way back with tapping back and then forward on the c-stick. Only difference is that you can also fox trot forward if you do this right. Also, you can fox trot, fox trot, fox trot across the map and c-stick fsmash. I find this very very easy to do with marth compared to sonic. There's the slightest instant when sonic can fsmash out of his foxtrot. Otherwise it's a dash spin attack everytime.

2)... well 2 I am stilll looking into this.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
It seems like something worth using... dashing into a Smash attack, like WaveDashing allowed from Melee, but without the other advantages of WDing, but maybe more...

I rather see the move used in battle, though. All of this pivot hype, but I barely ever see it used in an actual fight.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
It's good if you're playing someone who has no clue what they're doing, but is really hard to apply due to how slow Sonic's fsmash is. If you want to fsmash from a dash, just foxtrot it. If you're gonna do this, you may as well just screech cancel into it, or, better yet, ftilt.

Top Bottom