• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Automatic Noob for Maining YOSHI

Status
Not open for further replies.

cellphone

Smash Rookie
perhaps yoshi isnt top tier quality.
>lack off moveset.
>maybe he's just not well rounded enough to match-up with other character.
>costumes are similar to a rainbow

heck. because of Maining YOSHI!!!!

I have been segregated from group battles and 1v1 fights becaues i picked yoshi as my main.
"it tells alot about you(me)" they say...
"yoshi sucks in everyway and so do you" the crap?

are other Yoshi mainers suffering from such bigotry? and were you pressured to change your main just so you can fit in the mold of all other brawler. im not gonna lie, i am proficient with Meta and even snake. i had to to play competetively. someday.someday Yoshi will get the respect he deserve. even though he's painted yellow like a bubbly pink bubble gum.

avoid disrespect.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I switched from Yoshi to Mario and Ness. Not only was I bad with him, but I wasn't placing anywhere near as high as I do now at our local monthlies.

I guess Yoshi just wasn't for me, he took way too much to learn, and I just was not that good with him. His shield... just ruined it for me. Don't ever give up Yoshi, people tell me as it is to give up Ness. Because I'm sure everyone knows, he don no how recoveri.

Just keep trying.

tsilver33

Smash Ace
For the sake of this thread I am going to assume you mean these people are from offline battles.

Laugh at them. Laugh hard. Play online, there won't be a person here who won't take you seriously. I'm not a Yoshi mainer ( I second him though), but Yoshi is NOT a bad character. At all.

>lack off moveset:
What? His moveset is unique in many ways...

>maybe he's just not well rounded enough to match-up with other character.
Yoshi? Not well rounded? Yoshi has a mean offensive and defensive game if used correctly. Not a reason in the world why he would be unbalanced, that I can think of anyway.

>costumes are similar to a rainbow

>_> Grow up. So are Links, in a way.

Edit: "Straked" : he don no how recoveri.

XD I like how idiots make judgements without properly knowing the character first.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Haha, yeah. Yoshi does have an extremely unique playstyle, but there are just so many things that hold him back.

nesss recuvers, beleve me. i tryed.

Also, Meta. Your playstyle needs moar puff. <3

bigman40

Smash Master
Sicne the day brawl came out, I've been asked why I main such a bad character. And to this very day, it remains the same as it did months ago.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: In all seriousness, not trying to break up the get together or anything.

This thread is just begging for professional flamers and forumf@gs to run in here and start a fuss.

I'm going to close this, but please know that Yoshi loves you. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom