• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Autocancelling and Spacing against "little people"

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
So I've recently thrust myself in the world of autocancelling in addition to spacing [It's kinda nice to do with Ike] Which brought me to question it's use with my main: Sheik. I know Sheik's aerials are kind of quick, so is there any real need to short-hop autocancel her air attacks [and why is short hopping autocanceling the U-Air so hard?!]

Focusing a little more on spacing I know the idea of B-air spacing is thought of as one of Sheik's greatest spacing tools. I've always known that the angle of the bair is not horizontal [20 degrees from a horizontal plane?] This makes it hard to space with the bair because my foot goes right over their heads. Am I just not doing it right, or is it not possible. If it is the latter, do we have a better spacing option against shorter characters [retreating nair?]

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
I some times space with FF Nairs. It isn't the most effective thing ever though. -_-

BTW... IMO d-tilt spacing belongs as a mix up. It does not space you enough to protect you from counters.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
It's impossible to land an autocanceled bair against a grounded opponent. If you must, try retreating SH autocanceled fair. SH nair is autocanceled if you don't fastfall it, allowing for a mixup (if they wait for you to land before responding, you can jab them out of most responses). SH uair autocancel is pretty much only useful for platform pressure.

The freaking dair doesn't end even when it no longer has a hitbox.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
It's impossible to land an autocanceled bair against a grounded opponent. If you must, try retreating SH autocanceled fair. SH nair is autocanceled if you don't fastfall it, allowing for a mixup (if they wait for you to land before responding, you can jab them out of most responses). SH uair autocancel is pretty much only useful for platform pressure.

The freaking dair doesn't end even when it no longer has a hitbox.
I know, I hate the Dair. -_- The only time I use it is for the VERY RARE mix up. Well... I do use it off the ledge. lol I'll do a double jump, Dair into the pit (and the foe) and I'll use Vanish to either grab the ledge or recover to the stage. I'm always like. "SUPRISE NUMB NUTS!!!!"
It is actually pretty effective. It is just... well... IDK. I just don't like Dair into the pit a whole lot.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol i have no qualms with not autocanceling my fairs/bairs/nairs as long as i can hit low... just make sure they hit... LOL

Top Bottom