• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Auto turnip drop

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
Are there any specifics on when Peach drops a turnip while being comboed, or is it somewhat random? I can't help but play against Fox while always holding a turnip to break the drillshines.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
You can't auto-drop it, you just have to hit Z at a time where your not in the stun of the combo. The easiest way for me to avoid getting drillshine'd is to hold left or right on the c-stick (giving you one frame of smash DI for every drill hit) and mash the analog stick repeatedly in the same direction that you hold the c-stick. I can effectively smash DI both directions on the drill this way and make them miss the shine entirely, especially if they try to do it repeatedly.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
Peach does drop turnips automatically under certain circumstances, I just don't know the specifics. Set it up to two players and drillshine Peach whilst she's holding a turnip, she'll (somewhat randomly it seems) drop the turnip and hit Fox.

When it comes to escaping drillshining without autodropping I'd suggest also holding shield while ASDIing (C-Stick) in one direction (preferably behind) while quarter circle SDIing (analog stick) behind Fox. This way if Fox is to barely miss the combo you'll buffer your roll and escape that way while also SDIing with ASDIing out of it.

Mr.Jaskolski

Smash Ace
Peach only drops the radish if hit with a smash or strong attack otherwise you hit Z and she"ll drop it on your oppenent while being combo-ed. I cant seem to get out of the drillshine for sh_it what do you guys do?

Top Bottom