• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Auto Sweet Spot Glitch

FrankTheFoot

Smash Cadet
I was wondering if this was widely known or not. When you auto sweet spot a ledge with Pikachu's Double Quick Attack (Only the double, not the single), if you then choose to fall off of the ledge, you will then have considerably less aerial mobility until you choose to jump again or use any move. It only affects certain character's moves. Is this common knowledge?

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Anything that gives RCO lag does this. It's pretty annoying. :/

It's possible to get this with a single QA too.

Welcome to the boards, Frank. :)

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
I didn't say it was RCO lag. It does have something to do with moves that give RCO lag though.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Sorta. I've seen it being talked about on the boards before. And it's not just from a ledge drop.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
rco lag is the lag caused by using a up b and grabbing a ledge. the next time you land on stage you get intense landing lag. this is noticable in pikachu if you QAC and then land with an aerial, pikachu gets massive lag from it. marth gets something similar

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
I just noticed you made this same thread on a lot of the other character boards. It would've been better if you just made a single thread on the Brawl general boards or posted in the Q/A threads instead making a new thread in every character board.

Magma Dolphin

Smash Apprentice
I just made this post in the Falco boards...
"Are you referring to the phenomenon that if you are off stage, use your second jump, side b (in pika's case up-b) and hit the stage just right, you go into freefall but gain your second jump back? If so, yes it is known, but no one has made any use of it because it seems to be very position specific. All Up-b's and some Side-b's can do it to my knowledge. It's related to the following:

Kirby Final Cutter Glitch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZO7Rur3AEg
Falco Phantasm Fakeout: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxicKrbeud8
Wolf (happens at 1:09 while he is explianing telestepping): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMYdJ...eature=related

Could not find a video for pika, but i just tried it, and the correct angle into the ledge will make it happen

Many other examples, but I dont want to track them down. hope this helps."

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
That's not what this is about at all. He's talking about losing your aerial momentum after you use your Up-B.

Magma Dolphin

Smash Apprentice
...you do lose aerial momentum, you start falling but gain your jump back... I apologize if I'm mistaken, but what I posted was similar to what he was describing from my interpretation. May I request a video example of what is being described seeing as my examples are inaccurate?

Magma Dolphin

Smash Apprentice
How can you say that when...(takes time to reread first post)... Ok, So maybe I got a tad over excited and jumped the gun hoping this thread was about weird ledge glitches that I have been waiting for someone to do something with. I apologize for my mishap.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Yeah this happens to me a lot, but I never realized why it happened. It only happens when we have phantom lag stored? (I say phantom lag instead of RCO)

Staco

Smash Champion
You can use an aerial to "cancel" the momentum and get your normal momentum back.

Hoe4u

Smash Cadet
rco lag is the lag caused by using a up b and grabbing a ledge. the next time you land on stage you get intense landing lag. this is noticable in pikachu if you QAC and then land with an aerial, pikachu gets massive lag from it. marth gets something similar
I'm pretty sure the intense landing lag can be canceled though if you QAC -> jumping thunder jolt. However, if the thunder jolt is buffered almost instantly upon jumping yeah you'll have landing lag from the QA (cause the ending lag of the jolt would have finished too fast), if done too late you'll naturally have to suffer the ending lag from the jolt, but if buffered properly so the ending lag of the thunder jolt finishes on the point of landing it acts like a cancel so you can; dash, jump, run, whatever.
I was testing this with Ixis early this year and it proves useful for not actually needing to worry about landing lag providing you give yourself room to be unpunished. I'll try record what i mean later today and post the link here.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
you do not cancel the lag by jump tshock, you only delay it to a later time. i once believed it was because you ISJR'd the tshock by doing it, but testing showed you couldnt jump afterwards (i would have had a hilarious idea if it did work) so that was disproven XD

Top Bottom