• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Auto-Jab, does it un-stale moves?

GenericKen

Smash Cadet
Hi all.

From what I saw in the DDD thread about the wall-less inf chaingrab, the stalemove count is 9.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23UyrHXK36A

I'm still a bit fuzzy on the mechanics of stale moves, but I get the impression that only your last 9 moves are stale.

Questions:
-Do the attacks have to connect to un-stale previous moves?

-If not, does holding down a for Kirby's auto-Jab (the 2 frame one, not the lightning hands one) clear out the stale move list in, like, half a second?

-Does each hit count as an entry in the stale moves list or each execution? Lightning hands, again, comes to mind.

-Does clearing the stale moves list un-stale already stale moves, or only prevent moves from becoming stale? (if the latter, it could still be useful after back-kicking an opponent 4 times in a row)

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
You do need to actually HIT the opponent to un-stale moves. And that doesn't count each hit of multi-hit single attacks like the lightning hands punch, but it DOES count the one two and the first hit of the multi-jab.

So at most, using his AAA combo on someone will result in 3 un-stale points for your other moves, since each hit is a separate attack.

But if you used Final Cutter for example, you would only clear 1 un-stale point for all 3 hits.

Does that explain it?

Top Bottom