• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Auto-Canceling

Decodinator

Smash Rookie
I noticed that auto-canceling has been touted as a key part of the Ganondorf technique. Unfortunately, I do not even know how to do it, or what it is. Help or links to help would be appreciated.

HeoandReo

Smash Apprentice
Auto cancel is basically the aerial cancelling before it hits the ground. As far as I'm aware of, there's 2 types to it.

1. When an aerial hits the ground in its last frames, the move is considered finished and the character lands with no lag frames. I don't believe Ganondorf has these.

2. When an aerial is done so quickly that it finishes in the air and the character can land on the ground with no lag. Ganon can do this with bair, uair, and dair. Dair 'thunder-storming' is probably the most useful, though, as it deals the most damage and knockback.

Grunge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
J-wiggity
3DS FC
2938-8119-7719
To start try starting on the Thunderstorm Dair i just Held Down then press Jump really fast click A ( you should still be holding the Control Stick Down) GC controller is easy to just get just Hold down and Put your Tip on X or Y Click lightly for Short jump then quickly Slide your finger or use the bottom part of you finger to hit A
Go to youtube and something should be there to show you the fingering

But this evolved into other stuff like you can Run and do it stuff like that
Not just Crouching down so they know what your dowin

Grunge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
J-wiggity
3DS FC
2938-8119-7719
kk no prob >.> i guess all the other Ganons are tired of answering these Q's <.<

Sarijy

Smash Apprentice
I'm actually really happy someone asked that, I saw the tutorial on how to do it a long time ago, but I passed over it and I couldn't manage to find it again. I didn't want to ask to spend someones time on my casual ganon behalf, but thanks

HolySerpent

Smash Rookie
A way that I found easier is to press up on the analog stick to initiate your jump then quickly press down with the C-stick. This way you can dash into an auto-canceled Dair.
Obviously this only works if your C-stick is on default controls.

Grunge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
J-wiggity
3DS FC
2938-8119-7719
Lol Dlen you can see my post on that Video
Someone Tried to tell me That Auto Canceling For ----> GANONDORF <----
was cheap

Top Bottom