• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Tournament

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
It plays at 60FPS instead of console's 50FPS, but it's a small change that you get used to relatively quickly. I noticed you live near Canberra so you shouldn't get more than 2 frames delay when P2Ping anyone in East Australia.

Bigray987

Smash Rookie
yeah i live in sydney. i had trouble doing my upb move with the keyboard so im just hoping it doesnt happen with the controller. man i was watching some of the combo videos and they are awesome lol

asianaussie

Smash Hero
pretty similar once you've calibrated

a bit of input delay, but if you actually live in australia it'll be 3 frames (1/20th of a second) max, since we aren't all laggy and tubbs like americans are when it comes to connections

blaze3927

Smash Ace
I have another programmer arriving soon and i have 10 spare n64 controllers ready for harvest,
also i still havent pm'd isai as im working too much.
someone write one for me pl0x

b-rex

Smash Apprentice
Sorry so when are you planning on having this? Australia is next on my vacation list I might be interested if any of the players listed above go

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
You should be interested to go whether they're coming or not =P.

A specific date has not been set but it's sometime in early 2012.

blaze3927

Smash Ace
im thinking april because it gives me heaps of time to laze around befor eplanning, dont expect real action anytime soon.

April because:
holidays for uni/school
easter/long weekend public holidays means i can have a 10 day holiday for only 3 days of leave.

and thats when my works no leave blackout period ends.

im thinking of maybe getting/starting an organisation to host this so i can claim the money i spend on it as "tax deductable" xP. but if it will be fraudulent then probably not.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
I feel like this is the Rock scheduling a match for Wrestlemania one year in advance.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Not even.

I was talking to malva on MSN and he said he was free from March 24th - 30th so the tournament might be then. That's not rock solid, or even like butter solid but just keeping people up-to-date.

It depends on when James doesn't have work.

Skeletom

Smash Journeyman
not sure when i'm free but i'll let you know sometime later when you're allowed to hold it. after all i am coming all the way from melbourne!

Olikus

Smash Champion
You guys are aware of that outside the kangarooland most countries have the longest holiday in june-august right? Might be the easiest time to get most longtravellers rather than in the middle of the work/school year.

Just a friendly tip ;)

blaze3927

Smash Ace
well isai cant make it during april :(
so i guess i could just hold a tourney later in the year when he could and have a seperate 18th.
the bonus of that being it may not have to be in canberra and im still happy to input moneys

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Should be. I asked Isai on MSN and he said he's free March 2012 (24th iirc). Either way it's not going to be a for a while so plenty of time to get organised.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Well, word will get around later once James formally decides on who he wants to sponsor. It'll be all: "Oh hey guys did you hear about that Aussie and his super amazing best friend ciaza that's hosting a tournament and is sponsoring the best of the best SSB64 players for perhaps the largest and most cool tournament ever?"

"Yeah man I totally heard of that! Especially the part about that ciaza guy, he's super cool, not to mention devilishly handsome too"

"Oh man I'm totally going to go to that tournament now, if only to possibly make-out with ciaza.

"Me too."

And that's how word will spread about this tournament.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Thanks Pete, was pre awkward when no one replied to my comment.

James is like 17 funnily enough. He just has twice the testosterone everyone else does at our age allowing him to have a full beard when he was 15.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I'm still unsure as to whether Ciaza is legit gay or just joking.

He seemed pretty serious in my marriage thread

But then I think I remember him trying to play it off on Desiree's at like three in the morning my time once.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I'm still unsure as to whether Ciaza is legit gay or just joking.

He seemed pretty serious in my marriage thread

But then I think I remember him trying to play it off on Desiree's at like three in the morning my time once.
>serious in your marriage thread

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
I am a pretty serious guy. Especially when it comes to educating 12 year old Americans who say 'y'all' about how someone can be gay.

And also Facebook doesn't lie, therefore I must be gay.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Alvin seems pretty interested in this. Could we snag him and Gerson invites? Be nice to see how Gerson does on DL =p

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Everyone on the boards is bloody invited, but it doesn't mean we're going to pay for them lol. They're more than welcome to find their own way here, but it's ultimately down to James if he wants to sponsor them or not, and even his pockets aren't bottomless.

Anyways I'll link him to this thread again to see what he thinks. If by some chance I get another job this year I'll consider sponsoring someone.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Well, if you were gonna sponsor anyone, it oughtta be Gerson/Alvin after Isai and Jousuke, IMO

Obv. it's up to James.

blaze3927

Smash Ace
I've Been ATtempting to CONVERSE with isai through malva, and its so date specific, and thanks to working full time it really has come down to the following facts

Tourney to be held in australia
-piggyback on another biggish tourney like bam 2k12 etc.

Has to be major city, by the looks of it, Melbourne, Canberra too inaccassable/small
-brings problems, likejames wouldliterally only pay and have to have someone else handle the deets as he doesnt live there

James wantingng to sponsor ISAI and challengers, contenders being:
jousuke,alancitu if he practises,gerson etc?
-probs try and get a community sponsored melee player so the melee nubs are happy. TRY and convince isai to play melee but no pressure

only way to get around this is PLANNING
i have monies, but i suck at organising, so really the later i leave it the better.

would it be a better option to post a super extended date period, so we can register more INTEREST and see more smash64peeps SAVing to fly down. without clashing with that major meet in europe.

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
would it be a better option to post a super extended date period, so we can register more INTEREST and see more smash64peeps SAVing to fly down. without clashing with that major meet in europe.
This won't work. 64 players won't fly down for this with their own money.

Top Bottom