• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aussie Brawl Tournament

Christianat0r

Smash Rookie
Anyone interested in making a Aussie only tournament, including people from NZ.
It will have 32 players (if we dont have enough it will be 16). Every match will be a 3 stock match and will be best out of 3. Loser gets eliminated and winner moves on to next round.

The tournament will be on http://www.ssbbplayers.com.
In a couple of days (if we have enough people joining this tournament) I might create a room on ssbbplayers.com called aussie tournament or something. There is a chat in the game room so we will be able to communicate and etc.

PM me if your interested in this idea or if you have any better ideas, also PM me your friend code. Hopefully we can get a tournament going.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
1. Why aussie only? It's added fun if you can beat up americans.

2. If you're planning on hosting one, please post the details here instead of just posting a link to some random forum. If you want an example to look at, check the stickied thread for the RAMBO tournament.

Kowbrainz

Smash Cadet
1. Why aussie only? It's added fun if you can beat up americans.
Probably because of the lag against most american players. I don't know about you, but I can't stand the lag when playing people in Europe or America; playing someone on the other side of the country is bad enough, since you can't react to certain attacks quick enough like you would when playing on the same console, so some characters' skill gets hurt a bit if their game relies on such precise timing.

I'm not saying beating up Americans isn't fun... it's just having to input commands a second or two before they happen and predict so much isn't always that great. :/

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Ahhh, you meant online. Sorry, was thinking of the traditional style oens.

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
sorry but online = fail... any lag destroys the game... people say its not that bad.... but that split second is noticable

LemonManX

Smash Lord
I also believed that GotGames was in the process of doing something. On the other hand, online tournaments can be really iffy sometimes.

Top Bottom