• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AuroraBoard: Open source scoreboard system for Melee

EIREXE

Smash Apprentice
AuroraBoard is a UI overlay for competitive videogames, it's been mainly designed for competitive fighting games. It runs on top of your favorite streaming software that supports loading webpages, for example OBS or XSplit.
AuroraBoard's default UI is made for presential tournaments featuring two cameras players, however this can easily be modified, the default UI is also made to be tintable, which means you can set the color of the UI from the software itself, all of this of course, can be customized without limits.

The default UI also includes Melee stuff, including but not limited to a picture of the king of the mews.

In the default UI there are two animated parts, the character icons that regularly change into the flag of the player and back and the lower right corner where the streamer name fades to the name of whoever is doing the commentary.
Screenshots

Installing

OBS

Run the program, set it up and then click start server, a URL will appear, copy it to your clipboard.

Install the CLR Browser plugin and add the source to your scene.

Make the dimensions be 1920x1080 and paste the URL that the program gives you.

Hit ok, and you are done.

Optionally, if you are going to customize, to make testing easier enable advanced properties and disable ApplicationCache and PageCach, this will prevent OBS from caching the stream images so you can test tints and stuff.

XSplit
Although OBS is the recommended software XSplit works too.

First add the Webpage URL source.

Paste the URL that software gives you

Hit ok, and in the source settings disable scrollbars and set the resolution to a 1920x1080.

And you are done.

Modifying the characters, flags and player sponsors
Character, flags and sponsors are saved in three different folders, you will find them under Content\html\img.

After you add your flag to the folder you must also add it to the corresponding .json file, characters.json, flags.json or sponsors.json.

Adding your own sponsors, logos etc...
Using scoreboard.psd as a base you can overlay your own logos over the stream UI, this is done by editing the file Content\img\nocolor\sponsor.png

Building
Build the software normally and then copy the files in the S3/Stuff folder to where the S3.exe has been compiled, this will serve as a starting point.

Download (Github)
Download (Modulous)

Last edited:

MetaEthereal

Smash Rookie
I've done my best, but I can not for the life of me get this thing to actually let itself be modified. I've tried changing every file in the graphics that I can and nothing has worked. Please help.

EIREXE

Smash Apprentice
I've done my best, but I can not for the life of me get this thing to actually let itself be modified. I've tried changing every file in the graphics that I can and nothing has worked. Please help.
Hi, can you specify a bit more what you want to change?

Rise

Smash Apprentice
How do I add characters to the json file once i've imported the images into the content/html/img/characters folder?

Do the Character icons have to be the same size as the melee ones already in there?

Last edited:

EIREXE

Smash Apprentice
How do I add characters to the json file once i've imported the images into the content/html/img/characters folder?

Do the Character icons have to be the same size as the melee ones already in there?
Yes they have, and just copy any of the parts that have both name and icon on them:

make sure all of the inner lines but the last end with a comma.

The Smash God

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheZeldaNerd64
3DS FC
3969-5330-1671
Is there a way to shrink the size of the score board as I'm on a laptop and have to stream at 640x360 but whenever I use the scoreboard it's too large so it would be pretty helpful if I could shrink it down if it's possible that is so I don't have laggy streams when using XSplit on my laptop. Also maybe could add more flags like the Canadian flag?

Last edited:

EIREXE

Smash Apprentice
Is there a way to shrink the size of the score board as I'm on a laptop and have to stream at 640x360 but whenever I use the scoreboard it's too large so it would be pretty helpful if I could shrink it down if it's possible that is so I don't have laggy streams when using XSplit on my laptop. Also maybe could add more flags like the Canadian flag?
You can add your own flags, there's a guide on how to do so.

About resizing, just make the xsplit browser resolution be 1920x1080 and then scale it down using xsplit.

The Smash God

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheZeldaNerd64
3DS FC
3969-5330-1671
You can add your own flags, there's a guide on how to do so.

About resizing, just make the xsplit browser resolution be 1920x1080 and then scale it down using xsplit.
Thank you for answering! And about that guide about the flags where would I be able to find it?

Last edited:

HermitHelmet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hermit_Helmet1
Replying to this so that I can find it later. This is sick, definitely going to download when I get home so I can tinker about with it.

Lillbaskern

Smash Rookie
What do you mean with build normally? I've never "built" anything in this context so I have no idea what to do.

The Smash God

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheZeldaNerd64
3DS FC
3969-5330-1671
Another thing I was wondering about. Is it possible to change the layout so there is only one spot for a facecam or is having 2 facecam slots the only way it'll work?

EIREXE

Smash Apprentice
Another thing I was wondering about. Is it possible to change the layout so there is only one spot for a facecam or is having 2 facecam slots the only way it'll work?
Yes, check the documentation, you can do changes to the layout using a PSD.

Sam'sAwakening

Smash Cadet
I don't understand how to edit the images (like scoreboardbase and stuff like that) so they show up on the stream. What do I need to do, or what am I doing wrong?

Top Bottom