• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[August 2nd, 2015] 'We Take Those': Online Smash 4 Wii U Tournament [$50 In Prizes!]

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
'We Take Those' is a monthly based tournament series with cash prizes for top 2! Payouts are as follows:

1st. $35
2nd. $15

Admission is free. A PayPal account would be required to receive cash prizes.

Ruleset:
  • 2 stocks
  • 6 minutes
  • BO3
  • Customs legal
  • No items
  • No equipment
  • Gentleman's Rule- If you and your opponent both agree on something then you have the go ahead.
  • Dave's Stupid Rule-no stage that has already been played in a round may be picked for another game in the same round.
Stages:
  • Starter:
    • Final Destination/ Any Omega
    • Battlefield
    • Smashville

• Counterpick
    • Delfino Plaza
    • Halberd
    • Lylat
    • Town & City
    • Final Destination/ Any Omega
    • Battlefield
    • Smashville
    • Duckhunt

Check In/ Bracket:

Check Ins are available 2 hours before the tournament begins (3 PM EST).

Tournament Format:

Players start in Pools consisting of 6 people. The top 2 people from each pool would then advance to a Double Elimination Top Cut Bracket.

Connectivity Issues/ Disputes:

To prevent disputes you can take a picture of the result screen. In terms of poor connectivity have someone host your game. If the matches are still unplayable at that point it will have to come down to a speed test. Both players would have to submit a picture of the result of their speed test and the player with the faster connection would advance/ get the win.

Chat:

My twitch channel can be used as a form of communication.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WTT1 TOURNAMENT RESULTS:

Supreme Champion: Cocoven :4zelda:

Worthy Adversary: WindsRequiem :4tlink:

WTT2 TOURNAMENT RESULTS:

Supreme Champion: TheFinalMixer :4ness:, :4shulk:

Worthy Adversary: Nadebomber :4sheik:, :4diddy:

Last edited:

Jujuace

Smash Rookie
NNID
Juju
3DS FC
1736-1664-1010
HI Jerm im a big fan of your youtube channel and i was wanting to join this but sadly, being a hs student on west coast i'd be at school when this goes on. Is there any way you could move it back 3 hours? If not then thats perfectly fine.

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
HI Jerm im a big fan of your youtube channel and i was wanting to join this but sadly, being a hs student on west coast i'd be at school when this goes on. Is there any way you could move it back 3 hours? If not then thats perfectly fine.
You're in school on a Saturday in the summer??? 0_o lol

Jujuace

Smash Rookie
NNID
Juju
3DS FC
1736-1664-1010
You're in school on a Saturday in the summer??? 0_o lol
Oh im stupid lol, i thought it was today, i didnt notice that this was in June. I thought it was in May well then unless i dont have plans (that my parents have told me yet) then i'll gladly join :)

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Oh cool stuff. I'll defo join. Customs on is pretty damn good~ coughVillagermaincough

Tho if you ask me, Town and City and Lylat are both better Starter stages than Omega/FD xD But that's jsut my opinion.

Last edited:

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
I'm interested, but would it be worth joining since I'm a Brit and connection issues are a thing?

SMKM64

Smash Rookie
How do we match people?
How do we get in contact with them?

Sorry.. I'm new to this. ;P But I hope someone can answer me :3

Smashing Pikminnicus

Smash Rookie
NNID
nathanU
Soooo for the paypal stuff if I won (which would be awesome) you would just PM me on twitch to share paypal accounts?

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
will you be streaming the fights?
Indeed! To start off I will stream random matches but guaranteed on stream I believe will be top 8 fights for sure!

SMKM64

Smash Rookie
If the person that I'm supposed to vs isn't online, or doesn't come online would I win automatically

SomeSmashBro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JayTheTrainerGuy
3DS FC
2234-7163-8539
I have a few questions if you don't mind.
Is the tournament on the 20th or the 29th?
And are you going to be competing?
All in all I'm pretty excited, maybe even feeling it:4shulk:

SMKM64

Smash Rookie
its the 29th, although I think it used to be 20th but he changed it, idk.

Smashing Pikminnicus

Smash Rookie
NNID
nathanU
So it's on a monday now? Well that's ok with me :)
(Gives me a chance to work on my Ryu, King dedede, and Ganondorf, Mwhahahahahahahaha)
XD

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
Changed to this Sunday (28th) for 5PM est. Sorry for all the changes but that will be the definite date and time xD

Yea just realized I forgot to edit the description. It will be this Sunday, the 28th, for 5PM EST. And no I will not be competing. I'm feeling it too its gonna be a good time ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Last edited:

SomeSmashBro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JayTheTrainerGuy
3DS FC
2234-7163-8539
Changed to this Sunday (28th) for 5PM est. Sorry for all the changes but that will be the definite date and time xD

Yea just realized I forgot to edit the description. It will be this Sunday, the 28th, for 5PM EST. And no I will not be competing. I'm feeling it too its gonna be a good time ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Darn. It's on Sunday now? Well, I cant join then cause I got work. I signed up as HAMSTAX so you know who to take out.
Thanks for the telling me though,
its the 29th, although I think it used to be 20th but he changed it, idk.
Thanks as well.

Top Bottom