• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[August 13th] I'd Smash That #3 (Online Tournament) Weeklies

TrevyTrev

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrevyTrev510
Bracket: http://challonge.com/idsmashthat3
Chat: https://client00.chat.mibbit.com/ (channel is #idsmashthat)

Hey All,

Looking to start a consistent weeklies for those who have a WiiU (sorry 3ds people). Ideally this would be a weekly event, depending on the amount of people that come out will effect how often I will have these. Hoping for it to be weekly though!

The second tournament will be on Thursday, August 13th at 5pm PST. All communication for this tournament will be via a IRC chat: https://client00.chat.mibbit.com/ so please make sure to check in there when the tournament starts. The channel name is #idsmashthat

General Rules:
- All participants are required to check in on the challonge bracket one hour before to tournament begins.
- If for some reason you do not check you risk the chance of being dropped from the tournament!
- It is mandatory that are on my twitch channel to keep track with your opponents and communicate with each other.
- Bare with me as this will be first time hosting a tourney. I've participated in a few tourneys so I am familiar with how a tourney should be ran.

Game Rules/Details
- Double Elimination bracket: normal matches best 2/3, winner's/loser's finals and grand finals will be BO5 (best of 5).
- 2 stock, 6 minutes, customs OFF.
- Mii fighters are NOT allowed.
- All items set to off.
- Gentleman’s Clause: Any stage can be chosen for a game if both players agree
- Sudden Death: If a match reaches time out, the winner is decided by highest stock then lowest %. If the % is the same for both players, the players will fight a 1-stock, 3 minute match

Starter Stages: Final Destination (or Omega if agreed upon), Battlefield, Smashville, Town and City
Counterpick: Delfino Plaza, Halberd, Castle Siege, Duck Hunt, Dreamland64, Lylat Cruise

- Stage Striking
-Higher seed strikes first.
-For the first match, the higher seed will strike two of the starter stages, and other person picks from the remaining stages.
-Second match: Winner Strikes 2, Loser picks from ALL remaining stages (starter and counterpick included).
- Gentlemen's rule is in effect, meaning any stage that both players agree to is considered legal.
- David's Stupid Rule is NOT in effect, meaning that whatever stage you won on previously, you can go back there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bracket: http://challonge.com/idsmashthat3
Chat: https://client00.chat.mibbit.com/ (channel is #idsmashthat)

Last edited:

LukeSnywalker

Smash Rookie
NNID
MastaLukeDJHero
3DS FC
4425-2013-4425
This'll be my first online tournament, I really hope I can actually attend it

Spaghetti Sammy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FreshBagels
3DS FC
0104-0256-0397
so 7pm on Thursday? eh, I might be taking my car in for repairs around there, but ill try to get in.
Also my gamecube adapter wont be here that early so i guess its the classic controller for me :,)
Edit: I guess i could use the 3ds as a controller. Given that doesnt feel like the N64 controller covered in nails
E
dit 2; Pizza time: My tounry name is DaSneekMan btw
Also if Im facing any Nesses or Links, sorry if I get salty. I hate playing against those guys.
BECAUSE WHY NOT JUST GIVE ONE GUY A SPAMMABLE SIDE B THAT TAKES 0 SKILL AND STUNS YOU IN PLACE, AND GIVE HIM A BACKTHROW THATS STUPID
OH AND LINK? COOL WHY NOT JUST SIT ON THE OTHER END OF THE STAGE SPAMMING BOOMERANGS, ARROWS AND BOMBS AND THEN GET A DASH ATTACK KILL AT 70%
COOOOOOOOOL

Last edited:

TrevyTrev

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrevyTrev510
so 7pm on Thursday? eh, I might be taking my car in for repairs around there, but ill try to get in.
Also my gamecube adapter wont be here that early so i guess its the classic controller for me :,)
Edit: I guess i could use the 3ds as a controller. Given that doesnt feel like the N64 controller covered in nails
E
dit 2; Pizza time: My tounry name is DaSneekMan btw
Also if Im facing any Nesses or Links, sorry if I get salty. I hate playing against those guys.
BECAUSE WHY NOT JUST GIVE ONE GUY A SPAMMABLE SIDE B THAT TAKES 0 SKILL AND STUNS YOU IN PLACE, AND GIVE HIM A BACKTHROW THATS STUPID
OH AND LINK? COOL WHY NOT JUST SIT ON THE OTHER END OF THE STAGE SPAMMING BOOMERANGS, ARROWS AND BOMBS AND THEN GET A DASH ATTACK KILL AT 70%
COOOOOOOOOL
Well I will say that I agree with you completely on ness lol hate playing ness. I main link so for glory link's give us a bad rep.....but that's also pretty annoying too. I rather deal with that than ness though!

Cpt.Flufs

Smash Rookie
NNID
Cpt.Flufs
Customs... on... Yes... YESSSSS. IT IS FINALLY TIME FOR MY VILLAGER TO ASCEND TO THE HAVENS AND SMITE HIS FOES!!!!!! btw, seed is the number next to ur name in bracket, right?

LukeSnywalker

Smash Rookie
NNID
MastaLukeDJHero
3DS FC
4425-2013-4425
Customs... on... Yes... YESSSSS. IT IS FINALLY TIME FOR MY VILLAGER TO ASCEND TO THE HAVENS AND SMITE HIS FOES!!!!!! btw, seed is the number next to ur name in bracket, right?
Whoa...no way. We both main Villager, and we're facing each other in bracket in the first round.

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE

Last edited:

TrevyTrev

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrevyTrev510
Yup! Your seed number is the number next to your name.

ThirdDay

Smash Apprentice
NNID
toastyost
3DS FC
1934-1050-5329
Sounds fun! I'll join in! :D

EDIT: I can't register :(

Last edited:

TrevyTrev

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrevyTrev510
Sounds fun! I'll join in! :D

EDIT: I can't register :( it's fine I think I have some things to do tonight.
I can add you if you want? I cut off the registration for time constraints. Tell me what gamer tag is and I'll add you in :bluejump:

Mr.Sile

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dorvillo
I can't register for some reason, I would love to Participate though.

If you can add me in that would be awesome!

Tag: Sile

NNID: Dorvillo

Last edited:

TrevyTrev

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrevyTrev510
Awesome thanks!

Edit: Don't you think setting up an IRC would be better for communication? Just wondering, twitch chat is hectic.
I have one set up just in case. Twitch should work fine though, people will drop I'm sure so the amount of people shouldn't make cause the chat to be super hectic.

LukeSnywalker

Smash Rookie
NNID
MastaLukeDJHero
3DS FC
4425-2013-4425
My sister wants to know if she can join the tournament. I'm not sure if she'd be able to because having two people from the same household might be unfair. She says her tag would be jxpretzels.

EDIT: Actually, never mind.

Last edited:

Mr.Sile

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dorvillo
@ TrevyTrev TrevyTrev I was just wondering,

Even though you added me, it didn't add my Challonge account. Should I register with my challonge account now that the registration is open (allows me to input scores) or should I just go with what you registered me.

TrevyTrev

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrevyTrev510
@ TrevyTrev TrevyTrev I was just wondering,

Even though you added me, it didn't add my Challonge account. Should I register with my challonge account now that the registration is open (allows me to input scores) or should I just go with what you registered me.
You can just go with what I registered you under and I'll report your scores for you.

TrevyTrev

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrevyTrev510
Thank you to everyone that joined! If you missed out please sign up for next weeks tourney in the updated post ^^^

Ju-Fu

Smash Journeyman
NNID
0000x1
I would like to join but I can't use twitch Xc

Top Bottom