• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Aug 7, 2015] Hypest Weekly Wii U Singles Mega Thread (Online)

HypestTeam

Smash Journeyman
Please make sure to send us your NNID by filling out THIS FORM

By entering these events you agree to follow the /r/smashbros Tournament Code Of Conduct.

There will be a mandatory check-in time 1 hour before the events begin. If you do not check-in on time, you will be dropped. You check in on the challonge bracket.

We require EVERYONE to be in the IRC client linked below during the tournaments. Also, please check the Hypest FC Contacts to make sure your information has been inputted.

Hypest Phonebook

FAQ

Phonebook Form
IRC TUTORIAL

Players must be logged onto IRC in order to participate in each tournament.

In the case of Mibbit going down please use our Backup Chat

Type "/nick (NAME)" to change your Nick on the IRC.

It is recommended that you use your registered tag.

Registration for tournaments are located in the posted thread links below.:

Hypest NA West Wii U Singles - 8:55PM EST

Bracket: http://hypest.challonge.com/Aug7thHypestWiiUSinglesNAWest

Chat Room: IRC-WiiU-NA-West

Hypest EU Wii U Singles - 1:25PM

Bracket: http://hypest.challonge.com/Aug7thHypestWiiUSinglesEurope

Chat Room: IRC-WiiU-Europe

Hypest NA East Wii U Singles - 5:55 EST

Bracket: http://hypest.challonge.com/Aug7thHypestWiiUSinglesNAEast

Chat Room: IRC-WiiU-NA-East

If you haven't heard of us yet, let us introduce you to the official /r/smashbros tournament team: Hypest!

Facebook - Twitter - Youtube - Twitch

Keep up with us using social media for more details and exciting content about events and to watch footage of all of the events we can stream!

You can find all of our upcoming events on our Event Calendar. We also have rankings for each game we host on our Rankings Page!

We want to thank everyone who keeps coming to our weekly tournaments. Every week seems to run better and smoother and more and more new people are coming to join us and we're excited to continue hosting tournaments in the future!"

Last edited:

T0MMY

Smash Master
Hypest NA West Wii U Singles - 8:55AM EST
There will be a mandatory check-in time 1 hour before the events begin.
Why is the time listed as EST, Eastern Standard Time? That would be 5:55am PST with 4:55am the time for a 1 hour check-in. I am assuming this is to be 8:55 PST? (still kind of early for a nightlife type of community to check in one hour early at 7:55am).
Also notice that the bracket link takes me here which says the time is "at 8:55 AM HKT" Hong Kong Time?
And then there's the Reddit link which states the time to be "20:55 EST"

So you can see this is a little confusing... could there be a clarification on the start time and the check-in time?

EZVega

Smash Cadet
NNID
EZVega
3DS FC
4339-2521-0738
Why is the time listed as EST, Eastern Standard Time? That would be 5:55am PST with 4:55am the time for a 1 hour check-in. I am assuming this is to be 8:55 PST? (still kind of early for a nightlife type of community to check in one hour early at 7:55am).
Also notice that the bracket link takes me here which says the time is "at 8:55 AM HKT" Hong Kong Time?
And then there's the Reddit link which states the time to be "20:55 EST"

So you can see this is a little confusing... could there be a clarification on the start time and the check-in time?
Understood. I'm bringing this up with the team to see if we can get everything on the same page. I know it can be pretty confusing in these formats.

Minor typo on this page. It has been edited and fixed now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Electric91

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dikuru
Hey T0mmy, basically Challonge will give you the local timezone automatically, so if you are based in China, or France, it will automatically change the time accordingly to your local place. So even if we state that the event starts at 20:55 EST, on challonge, it will convert it automatically to say, 14:55 CEST.

As for the rest, it should be fixed. We use military time usually, so that we don't get the AM and PM debate going on.

Top Bottom