• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Aug 22, 2015] Super Salem Smash Attack (Salem, Massachusetts)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conet

Smash Cadet
Super Salem Smash Attack
Every 2 weeks as of July 9th, 2015
Harrison's Comics and Pop Culture
252 Essex St. Salem, MA

Smash Wii U & Melee

Our tournament will be taking place in the basement of Harrison's Comics!

---- Fees ----
> Venue Fee | $5 *
> Smash 4 Singles | $5 ($40 pot bonus)
> Smash 4 Doubles | $10 per team
> Melee Singles | $5 ($40 pot bonus)
> Melee Doubles | $10 per team
> Capture the Flag Doubles | Free! **

* Venue fee will be waived to anybody who brings a Wii U setup w/ gamecube adapter, or a Melee setup as needed. We have some of CRTs, but if you have a particularly good TV worth bringing (HD, small delay, etc), it would be greatly appreciated. Also, because we are mostly using CRTs, PLEASE remember to bring both AV cables and your gamepad, which is needed to fix the video settings.

As for all the new DLC, it is not required for a setup, but it is greatly appreciated. That being said, we would like to make Dreamland legal if possible, but this can only be done if all setups have the stage. To avoid complications (especially with our high demand of Wii U setups for this tournament), we wont require you have the stage, but if every setup comes with it, we'll make an amendment to our list.

* Venue fee is not needed if you are there to either watch or participate in friendly matches.

** We are extremely excited to announce our newest event, Capture the Flag (CTF for short)! This is a custom mode that the community has taken really well to it so far, so we're interested in seeing where things go with it. Who knows? Maybe we can even develop a small scene. We've got the rules outlined here: http://pastebin.com/WvnHB40c

---- Schedule ----
> 10:00am | Venue Opens
> 11:00am | All Tournament Signups Begin*
> 11:45am | Smash 4 Doubles Bracket Begins
> 12:30pm | Melee Doubles Bracket Begins
> 2:45pm | Smash 4 Singles Bracket Begins
> 3:30pm | Melee Singles Bracket Begins
> 5:00pm | Capture the Flag Bracket Begins
> 7:15pm | 3SA Tournaments End and Venue Closes Soon After

If you are bringing a setup that DOES NOT have all customs and legal mii combinations, please arrive at 10am-11am in order for us to copy them onto your setup

* Signups end 5 minutes before a tournament starts, so don't be late!

---- Payouts ----
--Smash Wii U Doubles:
> 1st – 60%
> 2nd - 30%
> 3rd - 10%

--Smash Wii U Singles:
> 1st - 60%
> 2nd - 30%
> 3rd – 10%

--Melee Doubles:
> 1st - 60%
> 2nd - 30%
> 3rd – 10%

--Melee Singles*:
> 1st - 60%
> 2nd - 30%
> 3rd – 10%

*If Melee Singles bracket exceeds 30 entrants the payout split will change to:

> 1st - 48%
> 2nd - 22%
> 3rd - 14%
> 4th - 8%
> Both 5th places - 4%

The Capture the Flag tournament does not have a pot, but there will be prizes for the winning team. One of those prizes are one of these Smash 4 Dog Tags! Take a look here: http://imgur.com/XtGvnvo

---- Rules ----
Melee will use the Apex rule set for both singles and doubles. However all sets will be best 3 out of 5, with the exception of Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals.

--General Wii U Rules:
> All items off.
> Gamepad is banned unless that is the absolute only controller that you can use.
> Pausing set to off
> Mii characters are legal and Miis will be provided to be copied to consoles.
> No equipment. No customs. (EDIT 7/23/2015)
> Two stage bans in both Singles and Doubles.
> All matches are best 2/3 except for the Winner's Finals, Loser's Finals, and Grand Finals, which will all be best 3/5.
> Miis will only be usable as 1111, 2222, and 3333.

--Smash Wii U Singles:
> 2 Stock.
> 6 minute time limit.
> Double Elimination.

--Smash Wii U Doubles:
> 3 Stock.
> 8 minute time limit.
> Double Elimination.
> Team attack turned ON.
> Stages are the same as singles, except Big Battlefield is a legal counter pick

--Smash Wii U Capture the Flag:
> Rules can be found here: http://pastebin.com/WvnHB40c
> Double Elimination
>1 Round
>Winner's & Loser's finals will be best 2/3 while the Grand Finals will be best 3/5

--Stages
Neutrals:
> Final Destination*
> Battlefield
> Smashville

Counter Picks:
> Town and City
> Castle Siege
> Dreamland 64**
> Delfino Plaza
> Duck Hunt
> Lylat Cruise
> Omega Stages

* Omegas are treated as Final Destination in the banning phase. If Final Destination is banned, Omegas are banned and vice-versa.

** Dreamland 64 will be made a legal counterpick ONLY if every setup has one. This announcement will be made before events start.

> Gentleman's Rule in effect: If both players agree on a stage to play on, legal or otherwise, then playing on the stage is allowed.

Any questions? Feel free to post here or message me personally.

Please take 1-3 minutes filling out this quick survey for us, we'd really appreciate it!
http://surveynuts.com/surveys/take?id=31739&c=132161213NDPJ
ATourney

Last edited:

Conet

Smash Cadet
It's 3.6, but if no one brings it we can use 3.5. Also, customs are legal with the exception of trip sapling, explosive balloons, and cyclone kong.

Magikarp Lv100

Fish Pokémon
NNID
MagikarpLv19
Gotcha, I'm a VA player but in MA for work. I will probably come by and compete. I can bring a 1-2ms Monitor with a wii U and adapter. I don't have customs unlocked on the Wii U though.

EDIT, if We copy data over will that affect any current data on the system? ( I have all DLC pre-installed)

Last edited:

Conet

Smash Cadet
Gotcha, I'm a VA player but in MA for work. I will probably come by and compete. I can bring a 1-2ms Monitor with a wii U and adapter. I don't have customs unlocked on the Wii U though.

EDIT, if We copy data over will that affect any current data on the system? ( I have all DLC pre-installed)
Customs are no longer being enabled.
Reasons can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/3SATourney

Magikarp Lv100

Fish Pokémon
NNID
MagikarpLv19
That works. Tournaments I frequent don't use them. I will bring my full set up. (Tv, Wii, adapter) if you guys need it for the event?

Thanks for the useful info.

Last edited:

Conet

Smash Cadet
That works. Tournaments I frequent don't use them. I will bring my full set up. (Tv, Wii, adapter) if you guys need it for the event?

Thanks for the useful info.
We're always happy when people bring setups with TV's! Thank you.

Last edited:

Shater

Smash Rookie
Im there.
What is the usual turnout per tournament? Low how many in melee and how many in Sm4sh

Nova The Silly One

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GamerNova
Would you consider adding more games like Smash 64 or Brawl in the future?
I doubt they would be permanent but perhaps as a side event. Melee is guaranteed every 2 tournaments but project m can be switched for SMash 64 or brawl of there was enough interest

Conet

Smash Cadet
An administrator or the event organizer has deleted this event from the system.

This thread has now been automatically locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom