• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South [Aug 15, 2015] "Matt's Game Exchange" Grand Opening Smash Tournament!!!!... (Greensboro, NC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashFactionNC

Smash Cadet
Hello everyone! Matt's game exchange just opened on June 5th and we're hosting a Smash Tournament to bring the community together and let people know about this new gaming store! This tournament entails:

*Venue Fee $8
Melee Singles $5
Melee Doubles $10 ($5 from each doubles partner)
Project M Singles $5
Wii U Singles $5
(We take cash only, please bring exact change)

-Bring set-ups if you want to play friendly's while you wait for your next match, can't wait to see everyone there to support this new store!

Last edited:

Blaziken2000

Smash Rookie
I have a question. If someone wanted to enter in doubles and singles does that mean they pay $10 or does the $5 cover both of those

SmashFactionNC

Smash Cadet
Hey Blaziken 2000! $5 from each doubles partner, so it would be $5 from you and $5 from your partner, thanks for your interest hope to see you there!

P.S. Love all of your Smash mains. Link ftw.

Blaziken2000

Smash Rookie
Thanks, i hope i will be able to come but my ride is still unsure. But i'm wondering what the prize will be for first place.

SmashFactionNC

Smash Cadet
We actually can't give a cash prize estimate because it all depends on the turnout for this event. Thanks for the interest, hope to see you there!

KingNinja

Smash Rookie
I believe its normal game rules, the same as every tournament. if your wondering on maps it depends on the game. Im just somebody that goes to Smashfaction. IF you want the full ruleset they would have to give it to you

SmashFactionNC

Smash Cadet
Hey! The rules are Evo standard for all 3 and of course no Wario Man or Giga Bowser haha. Thanks for asking!

SmashFactionNC

Smash Cadet
Sorry everyone we have had to reschedule this 3 times now we're sorry for the inconvenience! Matt's Game Exchange needs to take care of something before we can host. Come to our tournament on the 19th at The Rabbit Hole in Thomasville NC the day after this tourney was scheduled! Go look for it on Smash Boards while we re-schedule with Matt's game exchange.

SmashFactionNC

Smash Cadet
Well some rule sets apparently didn't have Wario Man and Giga Bowser and some people would try to exploit that rule sadly.

Blaziken2000

Smash Rookie
but wouldn't wario man and giga bowser require a final smash (note i play sm4sh mostly)

SmashFactionNC

Smash Cadet
No you can hold R in PM when you character select to automatically become them when the game starts

SmashFactionNC

Smash Cadet
Glad to hear man! We run the last Saturday of every month at our main venue in High Point so you can come hang with us every month!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom