• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Aug 1, 2015] Smash Checks Into Freehold! (Freehold, NJ)

ButterMeister

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3265-5927-1235
UPDATE 4: Pre-Register for the tournaments with Challonge! You'll have your name in and guaranteed when the time comes. Just say that you've registered, pay your entry fees, and you're ready to go!

Melee Singles - http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/k1cQRntpMH

Smash 4 Singles - http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/bnbZfJ2OKi

Project M Singles - http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/1C2jMjuZXG

Melee Doubles - http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/Bo5HAnRdEd

Smash 4 Doubles - http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/D2WM7hwnI3

Also remember that we still need setups! Comment if you are going to bring your TV and Consoles. We can't play without them!

UDATE 3: Melee and Sm4sh Doubles are on! Same price for entry as every other game! Check the added rules for each underneath.

UPDATE 2: Hot damn! We got a better venue for half the price thanks to Around the Corner Art Center in Freehold! It also means I don't have to charge up the ass! Check out the new cheaper prices!

Freehold Checks In! Come to my Super Smash Bros tournament at Around the Corner Art Center in Freehold, New Jersey. Saturday, August 1st at 2pm!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1594777157452025/

VENUE FEES:

$5 - Venue entry.
+ $5 - Each tournament entry.

WE NEED YOUR SETUPS! Bring yourTV, console, and games! PM me if you want to assist.

1:50 - Setup (only people with setups to bring may enter at this time)
2:00 - Doors open, tournament signups
2:50 - Project M starts
3:30 - Smash 4 Singles starts
4:00 - Melee Singles starts
5:30 - Smash 4 Doubles starts
5:50 - Melee Doubles starts

TOURNAMENT RULES:

General Rules:

If you are not at the venue 5 minutes after your name is called, you will be disqualified.
Destroying property will result in a fine and disqualification.
Be a nice person. Jerks will be booed out of the venue and chased with sticks.
Dave's Stupid Rule
Gentleman's Clause
Best 2/3. Finals are best 3/5.

Set Procedure:
1. Players plug in controllers (Rock-Paper-Scissors may be done for ports).
2. Players both blind pick their characters. Players play Rock-Paper-Scissors to determine who strikes stages first.
3a. For Melee and Sm4sh, winner strikes 1 starter, loser strikes 2, winner strikes 1.
3b. For PM, winner strikes 1 starter, loser strikes 2, winner strikes 2, loser strikes 1.
4. After the first game, Winner strikes 2 stages from the full list of starters and counterpicks.
5. Winner switches character, first alerting the loser of a switch.
6. Loser switches character, then selects the stage for the next game.
7. Repeat steps 4 through 6 until set is complete.

SMASH 4 RULESET
Version 1.0.9 Wii U
2 stocks, 6 minutes
Customs and Mii's enabled under EVO ruleset.
Starters: Battlefield, Smashville, Final Destination, Town and City, Lylat City
Counter Picks: Dream Land 64, Duck Hunt, Halberd, Delfino Plaza

SMASH 4 DOUBLES RULESET
Version 1.0.9 Wii U
3 stocks, 8 minutes
Friendly fire enabled, Stock stealing from your teammate is allowed
Customs and Mii's enabled under EVO ruleset
"Sheik and Watch" banned (Sheik and Mr. Game and Watch are not allowed on the same team)

PROJECT M RULESET
Version 3.6
4 stocks, 8 minutes
Starters - Final Destination, Battlefield, Smashville, Pokemon Stadium 2, Dreamland (64), Fountain of Dreams, Yoshi’s Story (Melee)
Counterpick - Yoshi’s Island (Brawl), Pokemon Stadium 1, Lylat Cruise, Wario Ware, Green Hill Zone, Norfair

MELEE RULESET
4 stocks, 8 minutes
Starters: Battlefield, Final Destination, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dream Land
Counterpicks: Pokémon Stadium

MELEE DOUBLES RULESET
4 stocks, 8 minutes
Friendly fire enabled, Stock Stealing from your teammate is allowed.
Starters: Battlefield, Final Destionation, Yoshi's Story, Dream Land, Pokémon Stadium
Counterpicks: Kongo Jungle 64

Last edited:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
What does customs under the evo ruleset mean? You're saying we're restricted to the Evo presets are you? What would be the point of that if you're not adhering to the Evo Ruleset for the stage list?

ButterMeister

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3265-5927-1235
What does customs under the evo ruleset mean? You're saying we're restricted to the Evo presets are you? What would be the point of that if you're not adhering to the Evo Ruleset for the stage list?

EVO customs sets.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
EVO customs sets.
Oh I understood that part, what I'm asking is are you stating that the Evo sets will be available for us to use? Or are we only restricted those sets, in otherwords are participants allowed to use their own sets. I'm asking to clarify because I notice you re not using the Evo ruleset for the stage list, therefore it would be very odd to limit us to the Evo custom sets.

Please let me know. Thanks.

ButterMeister

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3265-5927-1235
The EVO Custom sets are the only custom sets usable due to set up and time constraints.

Bren00

Smash Rookie
Adhering to the evo custom presets makes the tournament move faster. Changing the stage list does not really effect the time it takes to finish the tournament.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Adhering to the evo custom presets makes the tournament move faster. Changing the stage list does not really effect the time it takes to finish the tournament.
When you say that I wonder if you've ever actually been to a tournament that allows uploading customs. It takes less than 60 seconds for one to be transferred.

But if that's the excecutive decision then it is what it is I suppose.

ButterMeister

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3265-5927-1235
When you say that I wonder if you've ever actually been to a tournament that allows uploading customs. It takes less than 60 seconds for one to be transferred.

But if that's the excecutive decision then it is what it is I suppose.
First we'd have to delete a moveset, remember what we deleted, go to the 3DS transfering process, let them pick it, play the game, delete the set afterwards, remake the old set, repeat times 20. It'll take all day.

singleserved

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1977-0160-7370
While it may take some people 60 seconds, others have taken upwards of 10 minutes to transfer. Those are whole 10 minute intervals of each match of a player trying to decide EVERY match.

It stacks up.

Staticky

Smash Cadet
"No intentional stalling the timer out. You will lose the set if done on purpose"
Wait, what? Do you mean the in game timer? You notice that can be a central strategy in Smash right?

ButterMeister

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3265-5927-1235
"No intentional stalling the timer out. You will lose the set if done on purpose"
Wait, what? Do you mean the in game timer? You notice that can be a central strategy in Smash right?
Stuff like pound stalling or edge stalling for minutes on end just to run out the timer. That's not cool, nor allowed

Absolutely

Smash Rookie
NNID
TeemoTheYordle
Are Lucas, Roy, and Ryu allowed to be played? I know they are banned at Evo and you seem to be following a lot of Evo's rules so I just want to make sure.

Vestboy_Myst

NJ TO & Peach knitwit
This event has a few red flags that players should be aware of. Looks like its the TOs first time and he could use some advice / help

1) they plan on running melee singles/doubles PLUS PM but think that 5CRTs is an acceptable minimum
2) They are starting singles/doubles at the same time for both melee and wiiu, which is the #1 way to run a tournament like ****
3) for some reason they are using challonge for pre-registration instead of doing it at the door
4) The TO added this to his rules: "No intentional stalling the timer out. You will lose the set if done on purpose"
(he clarified his statement)
Stuff like pound stalling or edge stalling for minutes on end just to run out the timer. That's not cool, nor allowed
EDIT: 5) TO banned me from the FB event for pointing these problems out without responding/warning.
the kid is totally clueless and inexperienced, someone do him a favor and teach him why these are issues

Last edited:

RamenSHOP

Smash Rookie
UPDATE 4: Pre-Register for the tournaments with Challonge! You'll have your name in and guaranteed when the time comes. Just say that you've registered, pay your entry fees, and you're ready to go!

Melee Singles - http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/k1cQRntpMH

Smash 4 Singles - http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/bnbZfJ2OKi

Project M Singles - http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/1C2jMjuZXG

Melee Doubles - http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/Bo5HAnRdEd

Smash 4 Doubles - http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/D2WM7hwnI3

Also remember that we still need setups! Comment if you are going to bring your TV and Consoles. We can't play without them!

UDATE 3: Melee and Sm4sh Doubles are on! Same price for entry as every other game! Check the added rules for each underneath.

UPDATE 2: Hot damn! We got a better venue for half the price thanks to Around the Corner Art Center in Freehold! It also means I don't have to charge up the ***! Check out the new cheaper prices!

Freehold Checks In! Come to my Super Smash Bros tournament at Around the Corner Art Center in Freehold, New Jersey. Saturday, August 1st at 2pm!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1594777157452025/

VENUE FEES:

$5 - Venue entry.
+ $5 - Each tournament entry.

WE NEED YOUR SETUPS! Bring yourTV, console, and games! PM me if you want to assist.

1:50 - Setup (only people with setups to bring may enter at this time)
2:00 - Doors open, tournament signups
3:20 - Smash 4 Singles and Doubles starts
3:40 - Project M starts
4:40 - Melee Singles and Doubles starts

TOURNAMENT RULES:

General Rules:

If you are not at the venue 5 minutes after your name is called, you will be disqualified.
Destroying property will result in a fine and disqualification.
Be a nice person. Jerks will be booed out of the venue and chased with sticks.
No intentional stalling the timer out. You will lose the set if done on purpose.
Dave's Stupid Rule
Gentleman's Clause
Best 2/3. Finals are best 3/5.

Set Procedure:
1. Players plug in controllers (Rock-Paper-Scissors may be done for ports).
2. Players both blind pick their characters. Players play Rock-Paper-Scissors to determine who strikes stages first.
3a. For Melee and Sm4sh, winner strikes 1 starter, loser strikes 2, winner strikes 1.
3b. For PM, winner strikes 1 starter, loser strikes 2, winner strikes 2, loser strikes 1.
4. After the first game, Winner strikes 2 stages from the full list of starters and counterpicks.
5. Winner switches character, first alerting the loser of a switch.
6. Loser switches character, then selects the stage for the next game.
7. Repeat steps 4 through 6 until set is complete.

SMASH 4 RULESET
Version 1.0.9 Wii U
2 stocks, 6 minutes
Customs and Mii's enabled under EVO ruleset.

SMASH 4 DOUBLES RULESET
Version 1.0.9 Wii U
3 stocks, 8 minutes
Friendly fire enabled, Stock stealing from your teammate is allowed
Customs and Mii's enabled under EVO ruleset
"Sheik and Watch" banned (Sheik and Mr. Game and Watch are not allowed on the same team)

PROJECT M RULESET
Version 3.6
4 stocks, 8 minutes
Starters - Final Destination, Battlefield, Smashville, Pokemon Stadium 2, Dreamland (64), Fountain of Dreams, Yoshi’s Story (Melee)
Counterpick - Yoshi’s Island (Brawl), Pokemon Stadium 1, Lylat Cruise, Wario Ware, Green Hill Zone, Norfair

MELEE RULESET
4 stocks, 8 minutes
Starters: Battlefield, Final Destination, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dream Land
Counterpicks: Pokémon Stadium

MELEE DOUBLES RULESET
4 stocks, 8 minutes
Friendly fire enabled, Stock Stealing from your teammate is allowed.
Starters: Battlefield, Final Destionation, Yoshi's Story, Dream Land, Pokémon Stadium
Counterpicks: Kongo Jungle 64

RamenSHOP

Smash Rookie
I can bring my tv and wii u. I just lack a gc adaptor cause i only use a pro controller. But hey, its a tv and a console if you need it for the event.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
First we'd have to delete a moveset, remember what we deleted, go to the 3DS transfering process, let them pick it, play the game, delete the set afterwards, remake the old set, repeat times 20. It'll take all day.
I figured I'd bring this up agian since Evo is finished.

The scenario you're desrcibing is only possible if everyone intends on using non Evo custom sets. I mean if you take a second to think about it, probably only 1 in 10 people will actually bring a 3ds to the tournament. And of those 10 only maybe half of them will actually want to use customs that aren't a part of the actual ruleset. I got to locals in Central Jersey and Staten Island and I'm telling you that allowing people to transfer their own customs has never been an issue for time contraints. Hardly anyone cares to do it.

Would you at least be willing to try it out and see how it works?

Conti

Smash Ace
Hey guys! It's OcS ContiBeastMode from Ocean County Smash Community (Join this FB Group for all my updates on the events I do] www.facebook.com/groups/OCSmashBrosPlayers

So this tournament was kinda an epic fail [kinda expected -.-] but at least with my help it kinda happened xD Anyways
But don't be down! I think I'm gunna be hosting smash events in Freehold as we hit schooltime for Monthly Smash Events [or something like that]. People want smash in freehold and I will do my best to do it right! [And My Venue won't have some crazy limit on players, I know how to make stuff work]
The store location will be Nova Games - Freehold [it's currently under construction and should be open by mid-Aug/Sept]
Here's my next SMS event for anyone interested! :D
<3 See you guys next time!
- Conti
https://www.facebook.com/events/925338874170732/

Staticky

Smash Cadet
Hey guys! It's OcS ContiBeastMode from Ocean County Smash Community (Join this FB Group for all my updates on the events I do] www.facebook.com/groups/OCSmashBrosPlayers

So this tournament was kinda an epic fail [kinda expected -.-] but at least with my help it kinda happened xD Anyways
But don't be down! I think I'm gunna be hosting smash events in Freehold as we hit schooltime for Monthly Smash Events [or something like that]. People want smash in freehold and I will do my best to do it right! [And My Venue won't have some crazy limit on players, I know how to make stuff work]
The store location will be Nova Games - Freehold [it's currently under construction and should be open by mid-Aug/Sept]
Here's my next SMS event for anyone interested! :D
<3 See you guys next time!
- Conti
https://www.facebook.com/events/925338874170732/
Hometown hypee

Top Bottom