• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attn Zero Suit Samus Mains: Please Help Me In My Research Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Hello everyone! I am currently doing a research project on Brawl for members of the smash lab. They have a couple ideas going around in there and I wanted to test a few of them out for myself. Therefore if you guys would not mind, I would appreciate it if you would help me out.

I would like you, since you know your characters better than I do (probably), to tell me in quick bullet points what the most annoying things for you to play against. I am talking about aspects of match ups that change how the match up plays out. Examples of this would be King Dedede’s standing infinite on Bowser, DK, Mario, Luigi, Samus and himself or grab releases like Marth on Ness/Lucas or Wario’s grab release shenanigans. Basically, anything match up specific where one character has a great advantage over the other character simply because of that move/moves. There’s plenty out there but I want to make sure I have them all! Please list them for me!

Thank you!

(Any chaingrabs, combos, etc that exist in specific match ups)

Problems:
-Fox and Wolf can be chain downsmashed from around 10%-80% (some other characters too, but less severe).
-No pummel grab release chaingrab on MK, Lucas (hit with aerial), Pikachu, Squirtle (infinite, hit with aerial), Wario (infinite)
-Most can powersheild through her jab combo (exceptions: Squirtle, G+W...)

James Sparrow

Smash Master
Fox Falco and Wolf can be chain downsmashed from like 10%-80%. I don't know the exacts on grab releases, but I know there are quite a few combos you can do with it. There's a thread with more info, one i know for sure is you can no-pummel release MK to chain grab him.

kuenzel

Smash Ace
Fox Falco and Wolf can be chain downsmashed from like 10%-80%. I don't know the exacts on grab releases, but I know there are quite a few combos you can do with it. There's a thread with more info, one i know for sure is you can no-pummel release MK to chain grab him.
It also works on Sheik and C. Falcon to like 20%

Also, this is minor, but-
Most characters can powersheild between ZSS's 123 jab combo. Except uhhh... Squirtle, TL (?), and G&W?
geez, I can't remember. I know Squirtle for sure, and if you persist I'm sure Someone else knows the specifics

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Squirtle and G&W I'm sure of.

ZSS also has no-pummel air release chains on MK, Lucas, Pikachu and Squirtle. She can also air release infinite Wario and Squirtle. Of these five, Lucas and Wario can be hit with an aerial directly out of it (meaning that Wario is theoretically screwed if he gets grabbed at over 40%). ZSS can also no-pummel air release against a struggling Bowser, Diddy Kong, Link, Ganondorf, Zero Suit Samus, Falco, Charizard, Ike or Sonic. Of these DK, Charizard and Ike can be hit with an aerial if they resist.

As far as things that make things harder for ZSS, all I can think of are Falco's Lasers and Pit's Arrows. Other projectiles are just the normal annoyance.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Thanks a bunch! It seems like the ZSS boards actually get what I'm asking for (not many others do). GREAT information, thanks! =)

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Characters with fast shields: Fox, Falco, Wolf, and Pit. Turning around a stun blast can break your match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom