• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attn Yoshi Mains: Please Help Me In My Research Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Hello everyone! I am currently doing a research project on Brawl for members of the smash lab. They have a couple ideas going around in there and I wanted to test a few of them out for myself. Therefore if you guys would not mind, I would appreciate it if you would help me out.

I would like you, since you know your characters better than I do (probably), to tell me in quick bullet points what the most annoying things for you to play against. I am talking about aspects of match ups that change how the match up plays out. Examples of this would be King Dedede’s standing infinite on Bowser, DK, Mario, Luigi, Samus and himself or grab releases like Marth on Ness/Lucas or Wario’s grab release shenanigans. Basically, anything match up specific where one character has a great advantage over the other character simply because of that move/moves. There’s plenty out there but I want to make sure I have them all! Please list them for me!

Thank you!

(Any chaingrabs, combos, etc that exist in specific match ups)

prYde

Smash Cadet
* DDD's ridiculous grab range and chain grab
*Any form of a projectile (do to shield)
*meta knights who aren't gimped/fooled by Yoshi tricks.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I agree with the last one that Pryde said, and sort of the first one. Projectiles usually aren't a problem for Yoshi at all, though - with a few exceptions. Yoshi can pretty much back air and/or neutral air through them very safely.

Then again, I don't think you'll ever get the exact same answer from any two Yoshi players about this sort of thing. For me personally, I'd say...

• Lucario. Yeah, that's about it.
  • Marth's sword. (Throw releases and forward air wall, anyone?)
  • Game & Watch's disjointed hitboxes.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Yoshi's OoS game sucks

- Rob camping (to me)
- Disjointed hitboxes messing up my spacing.
- Falco SHDL.

Tidycats29

Smash Cadet
NNID
supadino007
Switch FC
4953-1106-1226
falco's lazer...

G&W incredible disjointed hitboxes
and defensive meta

defensive metas screw my game up..... for some odd reason

Status