• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attn Pit Mains: Please Help Me In My Research Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Hello everyone! I am currently doing a research project on Brawl for members of the smash lab. They have a couple ideas going around in there and I wanted to test a few of them out for myself. Therefore if you guys would not mind, I would appreciate it if you would help me out.

I would like you, since you know your characters better than I do (probably), to tell me in quick bullet points what the most annoying things for you to play against. I am talking about aspects of match ups that change how the match up plays out. Examples of this would be King Dedede’s standing infinite on Bowser, DK, Mario, Luigi, Samus and himself or grab releases like Marth on Ness/Lucas or Wario’s grab release shenanigans. Basically, anything match up specific where one character has a great advantage over the other character simply because of that move/moves. There’s plenty out there but I want to make sure I have them all! Please list them for me!

Thank you!

SSD

Smash Journeyman
ummm

Pit doesn't really have that stuff...
I just want to know the frames for regaining WoI.

Coffee™

I need it....
I would like you, since you know your characters better than I do (probably), to tell me in quick bullet points what the most annoying things for you to play against. I am talking about aspects of match ups that change how the match up plays out. Examples of this would be King Dedede’s standing infinite on Bowser, DK, Mario, Luigi, Samus and himself or grab releases like Marth on Ness/Lucas or Wario’s grab release shenanigans. Basically, anything match up specific where one character has a great advantage over the other character simply because of that move/moves. There’s plenty out there but I want to make sure I have them all! Please list them for me!
Pit doesn't really have any shenanigans per say, the most annoying thing that is character specific I would have to say would be Metaknights Tornado as Pit only has one move that goes through it and using it isn't very pratical, but even then that's still fairly generic. Pit's matchups don't have anything comparable to King Dedede’s standing infinite on a few characters or Marth's grab release shenanigans.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Let's just close this thread... I dont see it being anything helpful.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Corrupt, can we get a close on this thread? Sorry If im kinda rude, but we have plenty of these "Off-Pit-topic" threads.

The only main things u need to know are these

-Pit hates G&W and Metaknight
-Pit has problems against those with long range OR those who can outcamp him (only about 2 chars can do that)
-The "getting gimped outta the Up-B" thing...

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
Pit doesn't have any things that he gets screwed on, i do find olimars pikmin incredibly annoying but that and metaknights MT are about it, but still not character specific

Vayseth

Smash Master
If you want to close it, I guess you could. I'm only trying to help. I think I'll have all of the threads closed by tomorrow anyway, since I think I almost have all the info I need.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Ah yes another thing. Pit hates Luigi's Mansion and Pokemon Stadium 1

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
My personal fighting style likes Mansion. Despite not being able to go under the stage, and the columns that block my arrows aren't that annoying to me. I renew my moves by jabing the column. I destroy the mansion when i wanna kill, i tech everything and live pass 200%. Also i CP mansion again Wario.
They float around so much pit can't really get clear shots on him. In Mansion he's bound by the floor and ceiling which isn't high, and i **** them there.

FzeroX

Smash Journeyman
Pit basically has all you generic problems from other chars, MKs speed, Snake tilts. He is probably to most outright Broken character (in terms of not working properly) but he is also one of the few who have an answer to nearly anything and everything in the game.

So to answer you Vayseth, Pit only needs a more reliable kill move that is basically it.

KY_Des

Smash Ace
Actually you should look at Pit's options against G&W's bair. I've only been able to shield or roll. Nothing else has worked for me, so any other options would be helpful.

FzeroX

Smash Journeyman
Actually you should look at Pit's options against G&W's bair. I've only been able to shield or roll. Nothing else has worked for me, so any other options would be helpful.
SDI up FFAD onto the other side of GAW Fsmash. When I see a turtle coming I let go of shield and take the 5-8% dmg and then punish (usually) for 16-19%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom