• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attn Diddy Kong Mains: Please Help Me In My Research Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Hello everyone! I am currently doing a research project on Brawl for members of the smash lab. They have a couple ideas going around in there and I wanted to test a few of them out for myself. Therefore if you guys would not mind, I would appreciate it if you would help me out.

I would like you, since you know your characters better than I do (probably), to tell me in quick bullet points what the most annoying things for you to play against. I am talking about aspects of match ups that change how the match up plays out. Examples of this would be King Dedede’s standing infinite on Bowser, DK, Mario, Luigi, Samus and himself or grab releases like Marth on Ness/Lucas or Wario’s grab release shenanigans. Basically, anything match up specific where one character has a great advantage over the other character simply because of that move/moves. There’s plenty out there but I want to make sure I have them all! Please list them for me!

Thank you!

Player-1

Smash Legend
Diddy doesn't have any huge disadvantages. The biggest problems most Diddy players might have are Olimar because his Pikmin can block bananas (most annoying to me) and Falco and his reflecter. Other space animals and their reflecters aren't a problem though. The 2nd most annoying this for Diddy Kong players are probably characters that stay in the air with insane DI (Jiggz, Wario, Kirby, Peach). The third is probably Luigi and Yoshi because they have extra momentum when they slip, Yoshi isn't much of a problem but can be. Again, all of these things aren't too hard to get past, but they're certainly annoying.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Diddy has to switch it up against practically every character and the playstyle they bring...

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Diddy has to switch it up against practically every character and the playstyle they bring...
must agree here. with some characters such as mk you "kinda" have to play defensively because one mistake and your easily punishable. just keep cool and approach all characters in ways you can best approach

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
Vayseth! pro at TO. =P

annoying diddy things

-getting your barrels deployed when trying to recover (aka getting gimped). Lots of characters can do this with projectiles or just... you know jumping off the stage and hitting you.
-falcos reflector
-opponents that actually know how to use your bananas, they know how to glide/boost toss them, z drop them etc. A good example would be a marth doing Z drop fair catch. Just stuff like that
-ROB. I hate that matchup. Very hard for diddy to kill because of weight.
-Brinstar and norfair.
-luigi. I hate that matchup. He slips so far after a banana hits him you cant combo anything, and luigis air game>diddys.

saberhof

Smash Master
Well i might give a good idea here on annoying things :D!!...

First of all Meta knight is a handful and is the most annoying one, most of his attacks are from above or a short hop, therefore avoiding your bananas or anything for that matter...breaking your main game and relying on another type of game :O..

Falco is the next annoying thing due to the reflector and his grabs, he is able to spike you and is very annoying with his lasers, he is the second...

far from that some points would be :

- Death by your own banana
- Diddy dittos are annoying yet still winnable x)
- Floaties, beginning with luigi...

theres really not much that bothers a diddy player :O...

saberhof

Smash Master
^ only if your coming in a vertical position :O if its horizontal you can come and go as you please...but when the up-b is over your screwed :O

i don't really think its THAT easily gimp-able :O

DFEAR

Smash Hero
^ only if your coming in a vertical position :O if its horizontal you can come and go as you please...but when the up-b is over your screwed :O

i don't really think its THAT easily gimp-able :O
ever got killed by peanut spam while ur in up+b ugh its very embarrassing because its so ARGH once it happens u make sure it never does again O-o

pastaboy

Smash Champion
ok, i dont no if this hasnt been said before but il say it now anyway.

R.O.B is the most anoying for diddy, the most annoying!!!!the reasons arnt so obvious as falco reflector or lazors.
ok for one, we all know diddy is a momentum based character, once he gets his bananas going then his combos really begin. What rob has to stop that is his lazer that shoots incredible fast and usually hits u if your approching. it knocks you back which screws up your approach, unlike falcos lazers(which are easily avoidable) Another thing is the spot dodge down smash that rob can do, this causes diddy to go flying away into the air leaving diddy vulnerable and thus losing momentum. rob is not easy to juggle, not at all, his nair and bair help him not be combo'd which is one of diddys strongest points. Also the fact that they are campy as all hell makes it kinda hard/gay to approach. this was kinda sloppy, someone else will eloborate further

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Spot dodge down smash... Bad memories:(
that is the same for metaknight as well xD lol but srsrly :\ op combo is op. i would seriously consider rob to be a anti-momentum character. His lazer and gyro abruptly stops any awesome combo we try throwing at it. plus if rob waits that extra 19seconds he gets the knockback lazer which is really homo if he hits us with that while we sideB or UpB. His GT is also very OP it flies far as **** O-o and his spotdodge is arguably the best next to well mk >_<. basicly anybody that can counter or slow down momentum is a displeaser to diddy such as bowser's fire T_T that throws me so off guard xD

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
Luigi is the most annoying mother****er out there. You can't combo him at all with bananas and his air game pretty much ***** diddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom