• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attack on Titan Dub

Justkallmekai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ProjectM3.0
3DS FC
0473-8282-3242
I think that it's good so far from the clips that Funimation is releasing. Some voices I'm gonna have to get used to like Levi's (Cause he was Chrom's voice in Fire Emblem Awakening) I'm hyped to watch it dubbed, but I know there are purist out there that hate the dubs, so please if you hate dubs......Don't leave a post for me to see.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I can definitely hear Chrom through Levi's voice. I mean, it actually is Matthew Mercer! Surprising how his origins came from There Will Be Brawl (he's one of us!) Oh, and he's also Kiritsugu Emiya from Fate/Zero! Top my hype!

Actually, Levi and Armin's voice choices in particular have more bass to them than their Japanese counterparts. That makes them a tad bit off-putting for me. Levi's voice is registered to sound more sly and Armin is more high-pitched to me. Otherwise, their performances judging from the clips are faithful. Oh, and Jean Kirschtein shares the same voice as Jean Havoc from Fullmetal Alchemist, Mike McFarland.

Anyways, I don't think I'll invest time into rewatching an anime I already have a great impression of twice just to hear the English cast compared to the Japanese. But I'm happy this dub is being made and I will perhaps be curious to listen to the English cast a little bit. Perhaps this'll make this breakout anime more accessible to English speakers or those who can't put up with subs.

Justkallmekai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ProjectM3.0
3DS FC
0473-8282-3242
I can definitely hear Chrom through Levi's voice. I mean, it actually is Matthew Mercer! Surprising how his origins came from There Will Be Brawl (he's one of us!) Oh, and he's also Kiritsugu Emiya from Fate/Zero! Top my hype!

Actually, Levi and Armin's voice choices in particular have more bass to them than their Japanese counterparts. That makes them a tad bit off-putting for me. Levi's voice is registered to sound more sly and Armin is more high-pitched to me. Otherwise, their performances judging from the clips are faithful. Oh, and Jean Kirschtein shares the same voice as Jean Havoc from Fullmetal Alchemist, Mike McFarland.

Anyways, I don't think I'll invest time into rewatching an anime I already have a great impression of twice just to hear the English cast compared to the Japanese. But I'm happy this dub is being made and I will perhaps be curious to listen to the English cast a little bit. Perhaps this'll make this breakout anime more accessible to English speakers or those who can't put up with subs.
I agree with what you have to say, I"m actually glad that Armin's voice is a bit deeper than his voice in the Japanese version, because I thought that he sounded a tad bit like a little girl, and also just because a lot of my friends hate him and think he's a wuss so this MIGHT help with that, but they're sub lovers unfortunately. Well some of them.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I liked his Japanese seiyu (who happens to be female) and she got the dramatics with his voice down quite well. Also, how far into Attack on Titan have you watched, because I can tell you that Armin certainly is NOT a wuss. :laugh:

Besides, characters that speak and act with a lot of bravado such as Edward Elric have high-pitched voices than their English counterparts. Although for Ed, I definitely prefer Vic MigNogna for his character.

Justkallmekai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ProjectM3.0
3DS FC
0473-8282-3242
I liked his Japanese seiyu (who happens to be female) and she got the dramatics with his voice down quite well. Also, how far into Attack on Titan have you watched, because I can tell you that Armin certainly is NOT a wuss. :laugh:

Besides, characters that speak and act with a lot of bravado such as Edward Elric have high-pitched voices than their English counterparts. Although for Ed, I definitely prefer Vic MigNogna for his character.
I finished it, I don't think he's a wuss, but some of my friends do. Anyways ye I like Edward's voice in FMA, he's Japanese voice is......weird.

Top Bottom