• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Attack of the Prophets," my thoughts...

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Goodness has it been crazy or what? It is like a tsunami of nothing but "leaks" all over the place, if it was raining and for every roster "leak" out there I gain one real leak, I
would be drowning in an 8 story building right now. Look people, as of right now, RIGHT NOW; if you want information about Brawl, the best place to go is a little place called the DOJO. It is really neat, it updates daily and is like a gumball machine, you never know WHAT rolls out; and on rare occasions you can get 3! :O

Seriously, you think people would have more patience and use a little bit more brain and figure out that there is NO WAY, as of right now there are going to be leaks of any kind. If any of them were actually real, you would find out the leaker had a "heart attack." Something though I have found has amused me though, several trends among these "new prophets."

1: It is funny to me how they all seem to be not including Megaman but adding Ness! Especially when the ironic thing is Megaman was never deconfirmed, Inafune said he could still be in, but that HE (Inafune) has not been contacted, which does not mean the President of Capcom did not give the green light. However; Ness has been deconfirmed, SAKURAI said it himself he was gone, and unless he completely redoes him from scratch or something. Well, he is not coming back...

The hillarity of this is that before the podcast, Megaman was on almost every leak and Ness was not. Irony much?

2: They all seem to want to make it as wild as possible, I mean really Turtwig, Jajamaru, Mickey Mouse!? People seem to have the impression that because Melee was comprised of tons of WTF characters that all of Brawl will be.That is not the case, there will be many of the most popular characters, I mean that is the POINT of polls, and Sakurai is not going to sacrifice a popular character like Krystal, just to try and be unique with someone like Slippy. Sakurai is making a fans game, so he is going to be really listening to the fans; however, that it not to say we will not get WTF characters, Pokemon Trainer is a great example of that, but I think Sakurai wants to focus on making these popular characters movesets as unique as possible. As is the case with Olimar, Wario, and even Snake! Still, do expect to see a few more suprise characters like Jeff, Dr. Kawashima and Toad (just examples, not what will happen,) but not at the expense of a more popular character.

3: They are also either too vague or too detailed, it is like when someone is on trial and they tell you that during a robbery they were off on the sidewalk at only briefly saw the robbery. Yet somehow they have such amazing detail for someone who says they only "glimpsed" the robbery, such is the case with these prophets. Or the other is they are too vague and their is no official way to tell whether it is or is not true, it is like holding to identical flower pictures up and the only difference between them are the 15 petals, instead of the 16. Way to vague and hard to tell.

4: While we do not expect for people to reveal A, B and C and to give us the phone number of the leaker; we do expect a little bit of credibility. When you see that a person joined Gamefaqs yesterday, has not posted once, his username is something like IDCVU, and the first thing he posts is some two-bit roster who he claims "knows Brawl information." Sommon sense will tell you that 1+1=3 is wrong, if it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck and looks like it is a duck, do not call it a tiger; it is a duck.

5: So many people are so desperate for information they are willing to hurt themselves just to find out stuff, what do I mean? I mean so many people sift through all these rosters, take them for Gospel truth and vex themselves because they believe the character they really want in, when really they could be in. So instead of just waiting about 2 weeks, you are going to get yourself all worked up over something that is 99.99999999% not true. It is not good for you, and these prophets do not need to have people play into their games anymore than peopl already do.

6: Most of these prophets just want attention, that is why they make the most outlandish roster with the most insane characters and leave out characters like Ridley, Krystal, Megaman, Geno, etc... Because the more insane it is the more attention they get, they are like the neglected 7 year old child who wants attention, so the only thing he can think of is to pull his shorts down in class... It is all one big game to them, because if they can sucker in as many people as they can, they win and you lose.

7: Ever notice how eerily all of these leaks are similar in ways? It is like a couple of friends got together and decided to start up several accounts on different forums, made a list of things to "leak." But each had to choose at least a few things differing so that way they could not see the connection.

People, please for all of your sakes stop feeding these trolls, because one of these days they will bust down your doors with an army of Orcs and will burn your house down and make you work for Sauron 2.0 (AKA Giygas.) So, yjust remember the words of your Mom, "always clean behind your ears." Wait...

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I see it similarly, yet differently.

I personally find it entertaining to read through all the fake rosters. Often you see areas where all of the people who have supposed leaks differ from one another, and that is just what makes it interesting to me. Obviously with all of the conflicting "opinions," you never know what is real.

For example, the Melee roster was leaked prior to release but tossed aside due to how ridiculous it seemed. I enjoy looking at the topics with "leaks" but treat them no differently than roster predictions, often offering my opinion what I like and dislike about it, adding in comments like "this seems to make the roster fake" or some such.

Anyway, very well written post, I agree people should not take these threads so seriously. You never know if one of them might be right, but the fact is there are so many you would never know which it is.

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
Let people read what they want.

Leak threads are pretty obvious, you don't have to click them

This thread isn't going to change anything.

And only a select few people act like the way you make them seem like they're acting.

If that.

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
Exactly. If you read these things all the time then undoubtedly you're going to subconsiously expect more out of Brawl. Don't read it unless you're prepared to have a little less than what they say. Even if it is even to Brawl, it just isn't safe.

Athos

Smash Cadet
I just think its fun because who knows, we don't have much time left, maybe one of them is actually right.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I am willing to bet my kidney none of them are right. :\

Zek

Smash Ace
Frankly I think even thinking about these rumors is just a waste of time. There are so many of them and none of them are remotely more reputable than any of the others. There's nothing worth getting our hopes up over. If something comes from a source that has some prior history, any at all, of being trustworthy, then that's another story. Or if there are screenshots, of course. But following all these random internet-goers just posting stuff and trying their best to sound authentic is completely pointless. I wish all these threads would be locked, the Brawl forum has turned into just another GameFAQs.

evilflame101

Smash Journeyman
Goodness has it been crazy or what? It is like a tsunami of nothing but "leaks" all over the place, if it was raining and for every roster "leak" out there I gain one real leak, I
would be drowning in an 8 story building right now. Look people, as of right now, RIGHT NOW; if you want information about Brawl, the best place to go is a little place called the DOJO. It is really neat, it updates daily and is like a gumball machine, you never know WHAT rolls out; and on rare occasions you can get 3! :O

Seriously, you think people would have more patience and use a little bit more brain and figure out that there is NO WAY, as of right now there are going to be leaks of any kind. If any of them were actually real, you would find out the leaker had a "heart attack." Something though I have found has amused me though, several trends among these "new prophets."

1: It is funny to me how they all seem to be not including Megaman but adding Ness! Especially when the ironic thing is Megaman was never deconfirmed, Inafune said he could still be in, but that HE (Inafune) has not been contacted, which does not mean the President of Capcom did not give the green light. However; Ness has been deconfirmed, SAKURAI said it himself he was gone, and unless he completely redoes him from scratch or something. Well, he is not coming back...

The hillarity of this is that before the podcast, Megaman was on almost every leak and Ness was not. Irony much?

2: They all seem to want to make it as wild as possible, I mean really Turtwig, Jajamaru, Mickey Mouse!? People seem to have the impression that because Melee was comprised of tons of WTF characters that all of Brawl will be.That is not the case, there will be many of the most popular characters, I mean that is the POINT of polls, and Sakurai is not going to sacrifice a popular character like Krystal, just to try and be unique with someone like Slippy. Sakurai is making a fans game, so he is going to be really listening to the fans; however, that it not to say we will not get WTF characters, Pokemon Trainer is a great example of that, but I think Sakurai wants to focus on making these popular characters movesets as unique as possible. As is the case with Olimar, Wario, and even Snake! Still, do expect to see a few more suprise characters like Jeff, Dr. Kawashima and Toad (just examples, not what will happen,) but not at the expense of a more popular character.

3: They are also either too vague or too detailed, it is like when someone is on trial and they tell you that during a robbery they were off on the sidewalk at only briefly saw the robbery. Yet somehow they have such amazing detail for someone who says they only "glimpsed" the robbery, such is the case with these prophets. Or the other is they are too vague and their is no official way to tell whether it is or is not true, it is like holding to identical flower pictures up and the only difference between them are the 15 petals, instead of the 16. Way to vague and hard to tell.

4: While we do not expect for people to reveal A, B and C and to give us the phone number of the leaker; we do expect a little bit of credibility. When you see that a person joined Gamefaqs yesterday, has not posted once, his username is something like IDCVU, and the first thing he posts is some two-bit roster who he claims "knows Brawl information." Sommon sense will tell you that 1+1=3 is wrong, if it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck and looks like it is a duck, do not call it a tiger; it is a duck.

5: So many people are so desperate for information they are willing to hurt themselves just to find out stuff, what do I mean? I mean so many people sift through all these rosters, take them for Gospel truth and vex themselves because they believe the character they really want in, when really they could be in. So instead of just waiting about 2 weeks, you are going to get yourself all worked up over something that is 99.99999999% not true. It is not good for you, and these prophets do not need to have people play into their games anymore than peopl already do.

6: Most of these prophets just want attention, that is why they make the most outlandish roster with the most insane characters and leave out characters like Ridley, Krystal, Megaman, Geno, etc... Because the more insane it is the more attention they get, they are like the neglected 7 year old child who wants attention, so the only thing he can think of is to pull his shorts down in class... It is all one big game to them, because if they can sucker in as many people as they can, they win and you lose.

7: Ever notice how eerily all of these leaks are similar in ways? It is like a couple of friends got together and decided to start up several accounts on different forums, made a list of things to "leak." But each had to choose at least a few things differing so that way they could not see the connection.

People, please for all of your sakes stop feeding these trolls, because one of these days they will bust down your doors with an army of Orcs and will burn your house down and make you work for Sauron 2.0 (AKA Giygas.) So, yjust remember the words of your Mom, "always clean behind your ears." Wait...
I agree with some of this, but megaman probabally wont be in, even nintenod wouldnt put him in with out permission, and then wait until the last second to ask for permission.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
I agree starphoenix, but I don't think megaman has a chance because Nintendo hasn't approach capcom yet. BTW please do not believe these so called prophets. There are all fake!

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
I don't mind these prophets much. I think they are harmless if people take it all with a grain of salt. I read them only because I want something to do. Until the release, there really isn't much to talk about, besides the Dojo updates. They just speed up the time until the game comes out.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I know the full roster. I just won't tell anyone.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
This was a fun, interesting, and worth while read.

I was glad I took time to read it other than skim it like I usually do with huge long posts.

Good opinions and.. stuff.

:3

-Onyx

I.T.P

Smash Ace
Nice first post, only some of your points aren't valid.

just because there's a million rideley and megaman and geno fanboys, doesn't mean they'll be Playable characters, there are many other options and choices within nintendo's frachises for more suitable characters.

other than that, I liked your post

Mario77

Smash Apprentice
Ness is ok... but I have this huge feeling Ness is going to be in Brawl... I dont even like him very much... "Up until now" realy doesnt cut it for me to deconfirm Ness... Oh well, I still dont get why so many 'prohhets' waste their time when they know they are wrong and are just being stupid....

GamingGuy84

Smash Rookie
Starphoenix, I still believe that Megaman will be in Brawl. Remember me from that Megaman/N-project blog? Well, I've signed up here too!

I look foward to discuss Megaman with you.

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
My sentiments exactly xbrinkx.
Thanks, and you can call me Brink. At least that's how I usually go by in my game name ;).

Here's my thoughts on "leaking"
I think in the end everyone knows they don't trust anything supposedly leaked. The Smash community a few weeks before launch is expected to be a little unstable and nervous, at its weakest point. That's why there are so many people going for a chance at attention. In the end either one of them will be right or none will. Nintendo has learned from last time to be more careful so I think it's not safe to say at all that any one of these is credible.

I think it's best just to not pay attention to them and not to waste your time with debunking these attention grabbers. And I think it's expected for people to get a little anxious and take a peek at them from time to time just to keep them captivated. But that's what the Dojo is for and we shouldn't stoop to such levels. In fact, I think the Dojo is there to draw our attention away from these supposed "leakers" and keep us cool until then so we won't kill ourselves for the most anticipated Nintendo game in the world. I hope no one is gullible enough to believe these people though. Trust me, don't set yourself up for disappointment. I'm Brink, and I approve this message.

Top Bottom