• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attack Input Preference

xRisingForce

Smash Cadet
What's up everyone, I just have a couple of questions concerning preference regarding button input for certain attacks.

I have my c-stick as a smash-stick, so that opens up some options for me. I was wondering if there were any pros and cons for:

Dash Attack
F-c / A?

U-Tilt
U-c / U-Tilt?

D-Tilt
D-c / D-Tilt?

In Melee, I relearned aerials with the c-stick as opposed to using A. It took me a while to match the speed but I really benefit from being able to DI while attacking. My concern with this is somewhat in the same vein. Are there any noteworthy benefits regarding this or does it just boil down to pure preference? I think I'm already adamant on keeping my c-stick as a smash-stick, but if you have any good suggestions where using the c-stick for other functionality outweighs the benefits of using it as a smash-stick, suggest away.

I really like that in-place dash attack though :)
(down + c-down)

Top Bottom