• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Athletes, Score of Stock!! NES Sport games like Ice Hockey, Tennis & Tecmo Bowl in a single fighter(s)

Ready to Score a Goal? (or at least like the moveset?)

• Yeah

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GothicSlenderman

Smash Journeyman
Before Mario took the thrown of Nintendo's ever growing sports titles they used to make sports games starring regular athletes with Mario only making cameo appearances in some. With games like Ice Hockey, Tennis, Tecmo Bowl, Baseball, Soccer and others being put on the Nintendo Switch's NES Library, constant re-releases on systems like the Wii & the WiiU and appearances in games like NES Remix and the NES Mini console these characters will always be relevant even without a new title.

But how would a character from these games even work? They're just regular human athletes right? Well, in my free time I made a mock up pitch of how they would play, look and separate themselves from the rest of the cast and be made into interesting fighters.

One thing this "pitch" doesn't go over is a stage. Most likely it would be an HD 3D version of Ice Hockey's Rink with ice physics and goalies ready to smack any one who gets too close and even reflect projectiles if one gets too close. A basic stage with a huge single platform, great for 8 player matches, with Ice physics and defensive goalies at each end.

Either that or an NES Sports stage that will keep it's 8-Bit look while transforming between different titles like Soccer, Tennis & NES Open Tournament Golf. The stage could even be called "Open Tournament" or "Sports Collection"

The last (and least likely idea for a stage) could be "Nintendo World Championships 1989" Specifically 1989 to be a hidden reference to "The Wizard" film released that year. The stage will be slightly modeled after the stadium from that film but with major visual differences as not to be too obvious of its inspirations.

I really don't think these guys are going to make it in, but I kind of just made this for fun and to see if others would be interested in a moveset like this or something similar.

111_Ice_Hockey_Desc.png

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Why not? I'd like to see this. Besides, I already support the Volleyball Girl from Volleyball (who, ironically, is set to be a Spirit in Ultimate, no less).

GothicSlenderman

Smash Journeyman
Why not? I'd like to see this. Besides, I already support the Volleyball Girl from Volleyball (who, ironically, is set to be a Spirit in Ultimate, no less).
I actually considered using the Volleyball girl considering her appearance in Super Mario Maker. Actually, the Serve up special could be a Volleyball inspired move instead.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
AFAIK, it looks like nearly every athlete from Nintendo's sports library became a Spirit for Ultimate!

Top Bottom