• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[AT] The Bombslide is Back.

BryE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ChaserTech
You can also do it with grab+attack if you want to keep c-stick to smashes. However it's more difficult this way.
I actually tried that and I couldn't get it to work at all. Is that really confirmed to work?
I assume you input the move as: Dash > Toss with Z > Press A + Directional Input.
Even so, I wasn't able to do it. I honestly don't know what the timing is for it.

FEaR.7

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FEaR.7
I actually tried that and I couldn't get it to work at all. Is that really confirmed to work?
I assume you input the move as: Dash > Toss with Z > Press A + Directional Input.
Even so, I wasn't able to do it. I honestly don't know what the timing is for it.
Thats the input. I can canfirm that it works that way, its just super strict. Try it at half the speed.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Yeah it definitely works. The main reason why people use the c-stick to throw the bomb is that it allows them to start moving their joystick up earlier. Take for example the second vid that I posted where Sasook tells you to turn tap-jump off; it's a valuable insight not only into getting it to work but into just how early he was starting to move the joystick upwards in order to bombslide, i.e. early enough so that a jump would come out before the c-stick down input; that's why he kept getting those JC down throws. The point is, if you want to go with the grab button initial throw option, you'll have to get extremely quick with your joystick up/diagonal up input.

Last edited:
Top Bottom