• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

At my wit's end with custom headgear.

Shroob

Sup?
I need 5 hats.

I have never seen these hats, and I have been playing since launch.

At this point, I'm half tempted to buy a powersave just to save myself the hassle, but if there is an easy way to farm these, I'm listening.

I'm getting really tired of doing this so much, I must admit.

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
Look on this forum page for farming custom gear easily and look online and see how to unlock some gear/hats through challanges

Drogmyre

Smash Rookie
Wish Sakurai would remove duplicates as part of the next patch.

I'm missing a bare handful of customs, and they're frustrating as hell to get, mostly because Solo mode is a bunch of horse****.

D

Deleted member 269706

I gave up on collecting everything LOOOONG ago. I think it's stupid that you can get duplicates when there are literally hundreds of customizations to unlock. Really stupid move on Sakurai's part. I don't have any tips for you on this, but there are some farming techniques you can look up, though the process will still be random, so it's going to take a bit of time.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Your chances of getting a new hat are based off of how many you've randomly obtained and your score when you see the "equipment obtained" screen, after getting a hat of course.

Basically, go for high scores in Smash Run. Bring All-around Trade-Off, Attack/Speed Trade-Off, and a healing equip (preferably Vampire) that all boost attack stats. Bring Spinning Blades lvl4, Heavily Light lvl1 (Beats Target Test in seconds) and another Spinning Blades if you have space. I got my last four hats in two days with this on Pit.

Top Bottom