• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AT discovery.

HeAP

Smash Rookie
So to all you explorers in the metagame world I pose a simple question ,

How do you do it? do you search for hours on end? Or is it totally by accident that you stumblr upon these jewels?

Well just wondering , if you have any interesting stories please due tell .

anyway thanks in advance....

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I usually call Sakurai on his cell phone and he tells me the game secrets which I'm slowly releasing so that Brawl maintains competitive popularity for a longer period of time thus increasing sales and fanboyism. Next question.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I usually call Sakurai on his cell phone and he tells me the game secrets which I'm slowly releasing so that Brawl maintains competitive popularity for a longer period of time thus increasing sales and fanboyism. Next question.
Sakurai was too busy making the SSE single player to care about the multiplayer aspect. He has no clue.

As for finding them, it just kinda happens, mostly. I found out about aerial cancels on my own (possibly before they were officially discovered).

I realized when I Daired right before hitting the ground that it cancelled all lag and I could act immediately upon landing.

My advice: just keep playing and pay attention to what you do, even by accident sometimes.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
When people accidentally do something it gives them an area to explore. They keep testing until they figure out how they did it.

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai was too busy making the SSE single player to care about the multiplayer aspect. He has no clue.

As for finding them, it just kinda happens, mostly. I found out about aerial cancels on my own (possibly before they were officially discovered).

I realized when I Daired right before hitting the ground that it cancelled all lag and I could act immediately upon landing.

My advice: just keep playing and pay attention to what you do, even by accident sometimes.
You can cancel Bowser's dair lag? If so, please tell me how

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
You can cancel Bowser's dair lag? If so, please tell me how
Oh, it's not canceling the lag of the Dair at all (sadly). Try Dairing right before you land: you'll see a frame or two of the Dair and Bowser will be immediately standing and able to act if you did it right.

It's called auto-cancelled aerials (I think...) and it's a known technique.

I WISH you could L-cancel the Dair...

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Actually auto canceling is landing in the hit box frames and getting little or no lag.

What happens with this is bowser's hit boxes don't even come out, so he goes in the normal or close to normal falling position.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Yeah technically almost every aerial in the game autocancels on both ends. The begining autocancel is useless however if the hitbox does not come out during the autocancel window.

Top Bottom