• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ASU Smash Club

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Smash club is currently canceled until further notice.

If it starts up again, it will probably be either Monday, Wednesday, or Friday.

You can still contact me if you want to play some Smash, probably elsewhere. :)
Taj's contact info:
(623) 217-0339 (I don't get very good reception at ASU, especially in the buildings, so text me if you can't get a hold of me.)
Xfire- Taj278
AIM: Krogoth Taj (I don't like AIM, so I won't be on much)
Email: Taj278@cox.net

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Count me in for today. Like I mentioned before, I'll try to be more of a "regular". I don't want to be a burden though, I know u and Wobbles are trying to prepare for the Cali tourney. Maybe if you're hungry I'll let you "Pizza Match" me. ;)

ChaosTheory

Smash Ace
Yo Taj my man, I might show up today (thurs) if not to play just to hang out with everyone...tho I dont really remember exactly where it is. I'll give you a call later. Peace.

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Due to possible Halloween celebrations going on, Smash Club is canceled on October 31. We'll probably play Smash somewhere anyway though.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
I agree. Once the Fall 07 semester begins (yay full-ride scholarship!), I should be going to these a lot.

I have a question. Are Taj and Forward seniors at ASU? Who else goes there?

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Business is cool. I want to study law at ASU. You guys have a really good legal program. So, what does that mean for the Forward and the Taj smash-wise?

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
LOL! Maxx, setting your sights high!

No, but seriously, good job on the scholarship you said you got. I'm sure you earned it! Do yourself a big favor and don't lose it! I know SO many people who've had full scholarships and didn't keep the GPA to maintain it. What are you planning on studying?

Forward, you gotta bully Tony into getting off of WoW and organizing smash club. It'd have more attraction if he did it as opposed to me. :)

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Thanks, ALT. I actually got the scholarship via the PSATs. Supposedly, I'm a National Merit Scholar--whatever that means. I've gotten offers and scholarships from schools like U of A, ASU, Texas State, and Colorado something. I actually chose ASU because of Taj and Forward, not to mention that ASU has the Sandra Day O'Connor School of Law, which is nationally accredited. The first beaner to go to college... that sounds good. I need to get my Juris Doctor so I can be Forward's janitor. I'm a go-getter, what can I say?

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
Max, you got the National Merit Scholarship? Nice job, by god, that merits a post. Really, congrats. I'm sure you'll have no trouble maintaining it.

I'm gonna be at the biweekly!

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
****it Tony. Can't you just bust lvl 70 out like that french dude that got it in, what 28 hours? You're not bringing a new char from 1-70 are you?

Smash > WoW

Shashin

Smash Apprentice
I will actually be at ASU today, in the McClintock lounge with a gamecube and a copy of smash from about 3 30 to 630 today, so if you feel like showing up, be my guest.

hobostab inc

Smash Rookie
are you guys still doing these tourneys by chance? And could you tell me the info, and what days that they're on? I would be willing to pay.

Im not sure what you consider good, but ive been playing it ever since it came out so im definetly not at noob level...

happy pwning

Shashin

Smash Apprentice
I will be playing at ASU tomorrow from 3:30 until 6:30. I will be at McClintock lounge, but will stop off at sparky's den first to see if I recognize any one and then drag them back to the lounge with me. If you want to play, either be in the lounge, or meet me at Sparky's den.

EDIT: I will not be there, or if I am there, I will not a have a gamecube due to technical difficulties.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Happy Taj Day, everyone.

Has everyone put up their decorations yet? It's not too late! Making offerings to a golden Mewto statue is always a good way to celebrate.

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Smash Club is canceled forever. However, I am playing a lot more Smash lately, so every Mon, Wed, sometimes thurs, and friday afternoons I'm ready and willing to play some Smash. :)

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
You do know that I was playing WoW before you moved out to Gilbert? It's easier to quit WoW when you find other games that you missed out on playing because you were playing WoW. I'm trying out Supreme Commander right now, I've just finished all of Prince of Tennis and I'm on the last episode of Yakitate Japan.

I still occasionally play Typing of the Dead and Mighty Pang, so I guess you're trying to imply that because there is no one of your caliber to play here, that I'm having more fun, but obviously you're going to be skeptical about anything I say. Keep in mind though, that I'm also playing more Smash, because I'm recording for SC2.

So what's so wrong about that, especially when you felt the need to repeat what you said twice?

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
lol hey hey, i can won a few times.... very few against his M2, but on one match it was epic for me, i 3 STOCKED him with my Captain Falcon!! lol

combo, combo, Knee death, so watch out sean im coming for you two in T5. nah j/k sean, lol u will most likely beat me. 5-10% chance of me evening winning a whole set out of you maybe

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Talk to Goop (Manny) about that. He's currently in the process of reviving Smash Club. We're looking for members and positions. We'll put together monthlies at the least, and if there is a turnout then more than likely biweeklies. More to come.

Top Bottom