• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Assistance Vs Samus

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
I am struggling a lot with Samus. Out of at least 20 different Samuses I've played, some multiple times, I've only won once. I usually use Ness, Ganondorf, Toon Link, and Kirby. Sometimes Sonic and Shulk, but not particularly good with them. What Samuses do is force me to approach with missiles, then use their obnoxiously long roll to get away, then I can't predict what they're going for next: roll, attack, or a grab. Most of the time, I'm wrong. And then Charge Shot is like a mind-game up close. When at point-blank range, it comes out so fast that I barely have time to react. So, how should I deal with this?

Savez

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0962-9913-3965
I think Ness is one of the worst matchups for Samus. Disjointed hitboxes, great aerial control with PKThunder, huge dash attack, fair combo and shieldgrabbing are all great tools to use vs a Samus expecially because we can't make good use of shieldgrabbing ourselves. And remember that PK Fire into anything (grab, fair, dash, smash) is the most amazing tool you have vs us since the projectyle part of the PK fire negates a full Charged Shot.

I don't really know how to help you more right now without more precise information but since you struggle vs Samus and I struggle vs Ness this seems an amazing chance for the both of us to get better with these matchups.

My FC is in my profile.

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
I think Ness is one of the worst matchups for Samus. Disjointed hitboxes, great aerial control with PKThunder, huge dash attack, fair combo and shieldgrabbing are all great tools to use vs a Samus expecially because we can't make good use of shieldgrabbing ourselves. And remember that PK Fire into anything (grab, fair, dash, smash) is the most amazing tool you have vs us since the projectyle part of the PK fire negates a full Charged Shot.

I don't really know how to help you more right now without more precise information but since you struggle vs Samus and I struggle vs Ness this seems an amazing chance for the both of us to get better with these matchups.

My FC is in my profile.
Wait, PK Fire can cancel a fully charged Charge Shot?! Well, I'd be happy to play some, but a little later if you don't mind? I would like to get some things done first.

Savez

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0962-9913-3965
Wait, PK Fire can cancel a fully charged Charge Shot?! Well, I'd be happy to play some, but a little later if you don't mind? I would like to get some things done first.
Yes and it's not even fair D:

Anyway I'm a bit lagging aswell right now. PM me your Skype or anything of the sort so then we can arrange this better.

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Yes and it's not even fair D:

Anyway I'm a bit lagging aswell right now. PM me your Skype or anything of the sort so then we can arrange this better.
Made a conversation where we can discuss matches and stuff. See ya there.

leiraD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TacoShell
Yeah, I really struggle against ness. Baseball bat knocks back missiles, charge shots can be absorbed with down b, in the the air, fair into fair into fair puts on a lot of damage, pk thunder against recovery and aerial descents, and pkfire to set up for grab. Needless to say, ness matchups are really hard for Samus.

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Yeah, I really struggle against ness. Baseball bat knocks back missiles, charge shots can be absorbed with down b, in the the air, fair into fair into fair puts on a lot of damage, pk thunder against recovery and aerial descents, and pkfire to set up for grab. Needless to say, ness matchups are really hard for Samus.
I'm just inexperienced vs Samus I imagine. Haven't played too many until recently. That and my Ness needs some refining around the edges... And be able to evade point-blank Charge Shot better.

But what kind of weaknesses does Samus have in general, though?

leiraD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TacoShell
Double jab is a weak point. If someone tries for the second jab, you can easily shield or hit it with your grab. Also, we Sammy's have a terrible time dealing with Ness's chained fairs at early percents. Your back throw can also kill very early. Finally, at higher percentages, try to hit or throw Samus above you and chase her with pk thunder. This will pretty much force Samus to go for the edge, and you can back throw to death there. Create approach openings for yourself by returning missiles, and throwing pkfire. There's some stuff to start with.

Top Bottom