• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Assistance or Advice would be greatly appreciated

Ginsai

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8248-1982-9689
Hey everyone I recently had a run in of negative emotions from my constant loses , which caused a lack of faith in myself and just wanted to give up, I then pondered to myself, why am I having so much trouble learning how to adapt? It made me get depressed and frustrated like no other, screaming the f word and wanting to give up on my dream of becoming a gamer, literally lost that much faith in myself, so I google some stuff, and along with my social isolation which has plagued me so long that I find it hard to make friends online or offline. But to the point I’ve discovered that my brain is not producing Dopamine Neurons. Is their any advice I can’t get to get Dopamine to produce?

young grasshopper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4227-3446-5848
I'm no expert, but from what I've learned, dopamine production is usually hampered by over-stimulation, such as excessive gaming, excessive use of social media, and the viewing of explicitly violent or perverted media. The first things I'd recommend would be to take a break from those things or cut back significantly, at least for a few weeks or so. Eat healthy, take walks, get some exercise, get to sleep no later than 9:30pm and get out of bed before 7:30am every day, read some books (on paper, not ebooks), and try to talk to people in real life. If you do all of this for about 40 days, you will start to see significant improvements in your ability to handle stress and experience simply enjoyment in life. If you do all of this, and do not start to see improvement, then I would recommend seeking professional help, as that could be a sign that supplements or therapy of some sort might be required (it's usually best to try adjusting your daily routine before going for things like supplements and therapy). I hope this helps. Please DM me if you want any further advice or just need someone to talk to :)

Top Bottom