• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[ASL] AUSOM 8 - Dr. Octagonapus Returns! - May 18th, 2013 - Auburn, AL

Wolf McBlue

Smash Journeyman
The Alabama Smash League Presents:
AUSOM 8 - Dr. Octagonapus Returns
Hosted by: Blue and AU Crew
Venue:In the Auburn University Student Center and will be in room 2310.​
Events: Door Opens at 10 am​
Brawl Doubles (12 pm CDT)​
Price: $10 per team​
Prize: 1st=60%, 2nd=30%, 3rd=10%​
Project: M Singles (1 pm CDT)​
Price: $10​
Brawl Singles (3 pm CDT)​
Price: $10​
Might have a Mario Party or Custom Robo event after singles.​

Also if you need housing let me know on either facebook or my cell at 846-525-9768. I will be in the town the Friday before.

Wolf McBlue

Smash Journeyman
Reserved for later use
Rulesets:

Project M:
* 4 stock, 8 minutes.
* Sets are best of 3. Finals are best of 5.
* Items set to "off" and "none."

* Either player may call for a Double Blind character selection for the first match.
* Dave's Stupid Rule: A player may not counterpick to any stage stage s/he has won on in the current set.

* Controller port is determined by Rock Paper Scissors if it can't be agreed upon.
* Pausing during a match, unless okayed by the other player, will result in the loss of one stock for the pauser.

* If time runs out, the person with the most stock left (or least % if they are equal) wins. If the % is equal as well, play a 1 stock 3 minute match, same characters and stage.
* If the match goes to sudden death due to a suicide move (Ganon's side-B, Kirby/DDD's swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the one who initiated the move wins.

* Buffer set to off.
* Custom controls are allowed, but controllers modified to enhance performance are not. No turbo buttons, etc. However, removing the springs from shoulder buttons or replacing a thumbstick with a different thumbstick are ok.
* In the event that the game crashes or the TV/Wii loses power in the middle of a match, that match will be restarted from the beginning with the same characters and stage. If a player uses a known glitch to intentionally crash the game or otherwise make it unfinishable, that player may be forced to forfeit the match or be DQed at the TO's discretion.

* No excessive stalling (this includes abusing Jiggs' Rising Pound and Mario's Up-B Walljump)
* Both players may agree to any rule or stage outside the tournament ruleset.

Stagelist:
For the first match, stage strike the starter list in 1-2-2-1-1-2 fashion. After the first match, each player bans a stage group for the remainder of the set (players may counterpick a stage from the group they banned, and both players may ban the same group). The player who lost the previous match chooses a stage, then the player who won chooses their character, then the player who lost chooses their character.
Starters:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 2
Dreamland (64)
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi's Story (Melee)
Counterpicks:
Group 1:
Final Destination
Smashville
Dracula's Castle
Green Hill Zone
Group 2:
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium 1
Pokemon Stadium 2
Group 3:
Yoshi's Story (Melee)
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Wario Ware
Fountain of Dreams
Group 4:
Dreamland (64)
Skyworld
Rumble Falls
Group 5:
Kongo Jungle (64)
Halberd
Brinstar
Metal Cavern (Singles only)
Brawl:
* 3 stocks, 8 minute
  • Sets are best of 3, Finals are best of 5
  • Items set to "Off" and "None
  • Pause set to "Off"
  • Metaknight is legal but no infinite cap glitch or anything that might stall, break the game, or become unplayable
  • 50 grab limit for all characters but MK has a 35 limit.
  • In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen)
  • If the match ends with both players dying at the same time (either coincidentally or via suicide move) or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 18 (15 for MK) is used for all characters.
  • If there is a dispute in controller port selection or initiating Stage Strike, players will use a random method such as Rock-Paper-Scissors, Coin Flip, or Game and Watch Judgment, where the winner selects either first choice in port selection or first choice in stage striking. Whichever team does not receive first choice in port selection will be compensated with first choice in stage striking.
Stagelist: Stages are selected by 2-3-1 rule to select a neutral
Neutrals
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Lylat Cruise
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Castle Seige
PS1
Counterpicks
PS2
Halberd
Delfino Plaza​
Frigate Orpheon​
Rainbow Cruise​

Wolf McBlue

Smash Journeyman
I have decided for the after event to be gambling mario party. Bring your spare change, your mario party, and get salty

Player-1

Smash Legend
IDK if I'm coming to this, I think I'll be at a tournament both thursday and friday so IDK if I'll go to three in a row, plus if I do IDK if I can even get anyone in my car

_Keno_

Smash Lord
player 1 you're coming to this **** now get on it. and yeah wtf thrusday tournament what are you doing player 1 stop it

Wolf McBlue

Smash Journeyman
I don't know who has the SD cards since Cam retired, if Reflex has them and brings them, then yes we will be recording. Also if we have enough interested we might do PM doubles

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I do as well.

Also, someone be amazing and bring a Wiimote + Nunchuck for me please? I've seemed to misplace mine. The most gracious of welcomes would be given.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I don't have a Nunchuck, unfortunately. I'll try to get in touch with someone who does.

Top Bottom