• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask Shaz: Melee

S.D

Smash Master
How do I beat Peach/Marth with Falco?

Peach's recovery is impossible to intercept.
Turtle has Marth's WD OOS down to an art...watch me get 4stock'd
Turtle's a scrub who is easy to defeat with Falco.

Thing you have to remember is don't get greedy with your shield pressure, that's when WD OOS tipper fsmash RAGE QUIT happens. Aerial > shine > retreating aerial back out to projectile game or capitalise if they choose to be dumb and get DC'd.

Like Syke said, mix up your approach as well, going through the shield can be good but you don't want to overdo it, coz the u tilt is more punishable than a shine with good wavedash timing. Remember to mix in some TOMOHAWK (empty shorthop grabs) and shine grabs etc to keep marth guessing, the last thing you want is for him to be comfortable in shield.

Oh and for the love of god never go near the edge, control centre stage only go out there if you're comboing.

As for Peach, just laser the **** out of her so she's forced to umbrella, then KEEP LASERING, pew pew pew pew pew, force her down toward the edge then capitalise on her lack of options from there.

<3 wubs.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Unreon: On all counts - blaster. Upset rhythm on both and with a working knowledge of their 'oh shucks!' moves you will be able to dish out a good amount of damage quickly. You should be able to put a lot of damage on them by blaster hit and runs to help out.
Marth: Force Marth to leave himself open (there are numerous ways to do this I'm sure you'll figure some out). A Marth in control has all the right tools to upset Falco. Find the players tendencies and pick holes - which is something you should always aim to do anyhow.
Peach: She enjoys having her turnips refelected at her. Otherwise I'd suggest using up and vertical attack patterns to avoid using too much downward tilting of the stick if you're not confident...as it'll get you minced. Blaster her recovery (as mentioned) and take the edge...bair if you're confident.
That should be enough with the guys advice also. If you're having particular problems let me know.
Pete278: By all means give it a shot. The key to doing well with a low tier is understanding the more common characters, their advantages over you and the faults you can abuse. Be prepared for a lot of frustration however....especially in the beginning.

Top Bottom