• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a quick question, get a quick answer (The Marth FAQ's)

Taytertot

Smash Ace
Isn't pika one of the few we can chaingrab? Also, I'd like to know if you guys have found any creative followups for air releasing MK. I've used it to get off a running Usmash for quite a few kills, and I've used dash attack and dash > side b for damage racking.
A common usage that I see is if you have MK near the edge then there's the famous air release to dair MK offstage. Its difficult to time but it almost always nets a kill if you pull it off.

Taytertot

Smash Ace
Isn't pika one of the few we can chaingrab? Also, I'd like to know if you guys have found any creative followups for air releasing MK. I've used it to get off a running Usmash for quite a few kills, and I've used dash attack and dash > side b for damage racking.
A common usage that I see is if you have MK near the edge then there's the famous air release to dair MK offstage. Its difficult to time but it almost always nets a kill if you pull it off.

chococrow

Smash Cadet
NNID
chococrow
offten times when i try to grab releas to dair i would always dash to early and marth ends up just walking. a good way to get rid of this habit is by going into training mode and looking at meta knight when he is released and see where he stops going up and starts falling. the moment he stopes going up you want to start your dash. if you are playing on FD a usefull tip is to try and grab them when you are in between the blue floor design that looks like this >>. if you grab release from there it almost always hits.

Taytertot

Smash Ace
ah so it does. im not sure where to find the knockback for his moves then sorry. i am surprised that not one ever compiled the knockback for his moves considering that he was decently popular at the height of brawl's meta/ tourney scene. it could be hidden somewhere in the void of smashboard threads but i doubt it since that kind of info would probably be stickied in the marth threads. Unfortunately, i doubt you'll find people looking to hammer out that info for the marth threads now that smash4 has more or less taken brawl's place in the smash scene.

What were you hoping to learn from the knockback on his moves? while the marth threads are pretty much dead there is still hordes or information on playing marth and his general meta if you're looking to improve. i'll certainly try to help with anything if i can.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
The BKB and KBG values for Dash Attack are right there first thing in the link Taytertot posted. I don't see what's the problem.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Not at all, the sweetspot is so small it usually is not worthy to jump offstage except against maybe Snake or DDD or similar slow/predictable recoveries.
Also, Marth has amazing trapping tools against opponents hanging on the ledge and wanting to get up. Yet another reason to remain grounded.
:196:

Taytertot

Smash Ace
Is Dair spike good in brawl?
there is, however, the MK grab release to dair spike if youre spaced correctly in relation to the ledge when you get the grab. Also the 3 fthrow chain grabs to spike on falco at 0% if you are positioned correctly in relation to the ledge. so unless one of those situations comes up or your fighting someone like snake or DDD as kyokoro_pamuyo said, then dont use dair

Malcolm Pickering

Smash Cadet
After you answer currys question, I was wondering something. Is dancing blade 1 to grab a combo? Throw combos are a huge part of my game so if so this is very useful.
hey has anyone ever compiled a list of marth's throw combos? smash 4 throw combo threads and video guides are so common now, but i'vve never seen one for brawl ... except for MK.

Taytertot

Smash Ace
hey has anyone ever compiled a list of marth's throw combos? smash 4 throw combo threads and video guides are so common now, but i'vve never seen one for brawl ... except for MK.
marths throw combos in brawl arent large enough for guides. hes got fthrow>fthrow>fthrow at low percents and after that your opponent has time to airdodge before you can get anything in so it comes down to reads and mindgames at that points. there are things like fthrow>fthrow>dair spike offstage on falco if your positioned correctly. there is also grab release to dair spike on MK if you are positioned for it. but from what i know thats about it. not really enough for a a whole thread.

Sylenzo

Smash Rookie
Is dair bair bair dair true? I landed it and the CPU I was facing didn't seem to do anything, I was playing samus and she was at 33%.

Top Bottom