• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ASC 2 - Brawl + Melee Smash Tournaments, Vancouver, BC Canada

TwilightShadow

Smash Journeyman
Second Annual ASC Tournament

Brawl, single day. Saturday May 2009. This event will be held during a Bazaar function so there will be a wide variety of food (last year there was japanese, kor, ita, viet + more).

Events:
Main Events
Brawl Singles - $10 / person, best of 3, 3 stocks, time 8 minutes.
Brawl Doubles - $10 / team, best of 3, 3 stocks, time 8 minutes.

(a Melee and 64 event may also happen if there are enough setups, the full room itself can hold approximately 100 people)

All events are seeded through location/skills level, double elimination, items off. POT split % 60/30/10 (events with very few entrants will be 70/30 split) there may be a house cut as this is a fundraising event.

If you wish to ONLY participate in the tournament, ignore the following.

As this is a fundraiser event, there is a "playpass" that is issued to people that want to just play casually (there are a lot more games than just smash, like halo or rockband ect. but i'll only be posting the smash events here). These playpasses cost will cost $10.

Detailed Explanation:

For people that are only going to play casual games and don't want to participate in tournaments, they can choose to buy only the playpass. (these people will be given a "stamp" sorta like a playland stamp for $10) They are deemed external to the Smash Prize pot. People that wish to play casuals as well as participate in the tournament will pay $15 for both their $10 tournament entry and their $10 playpass (you save $5) If you do not have a playpass you will only be allowed to play in tournament matches and not casual games such as RockBand ect.

People who choose to take the $15 package, will have $10 put towards the overall pot. This is only valid for 1 tournament (you get 1 tournament entry with the package).

Rules:
General Rules:
- Stage / Character counterpick rule, all match starts with a neutral stage.
- If the game was ever to freeze, the match will be restarted despite the remaining stocks of both players, unless there was a clear winner.
- Controller mods that alter control/button sensitivity are not allowed what so ever.
- Controller mods that change its cosmetics (Color/Plastic casing) or anything exterior of the like are allowed.
- Changing cosmetics will not affect a players ability to play smash and the match will still be on even playing fields.
- All team tournies, life stealing is allowed.

Brawl:
- Entrants for Brawl need to bring their own controller.
- Will follow SBR rules

Map/ Directions:
428 Great Northern Way
Vancouver, BC V5T 4S5
Canada

UPDATES

Players confirmed
*means unconfirmed
TwilightShadow
Unityole
Dieslow
CED
*Rampage (changes his mind very easily apparently :p)
Izzy
Henry
*Hoson
*Nintensity

Equipments Confirmation
ASC - 3 TVs
TwilightShadow - 1 brawl + melee setup (*1 TV)

PS. Jack if you want 64 there let me know ahead of time what exactly you need for it (we'll definately need setups though)

TwilightShadow

Smash Journeyman
it will probably be the first saturday of May. The even has been saturday every year for the last i dunno how many years. (before i was born)

TwilightShadow

Smash Journeyman
Comon people, especially SFU regulars, it would help me out a lot for organizing if you could post something/help out with setups. I'll be trying to bring as many UBC players as possible.

Metà

Smash Master
Lol, found this thread through advanced search. Is this still happening? I'll definitely come (and bring TV's/consoles) but ONLY if there is a Melee or 64 event (preferably Melee). I'm not going out of my way just to play Brawl, lol.

TwilightShadow

Smash Journeyman
apologies to Unitoyle, but my priorities for getting tournaments setup will be Brawl > Melee > 64 so given enough setups it will be highly likely that i will be getting a Brawl/Melee tournament going. I just gotta get the details down to make sure this event can fit everyone.

For anyone that came last year you'll probably remember that there more than just smash there.

Metà

Smash Master
Whoawhoawhoawhoa, Nintensity is going?! I haven't seen him in like, 2 years lol. Btw, sign me up as unconfirmed, as well as my TV which I WILL be bringing if there is a MELEE EVENT.

Top Bottom