• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Asa's critique thread

Ghetto Fabulous

Smash Journeyman
do way more bairs against ganon with ivy, try full hopping it, it gives u the option of jumping out of it afterwards or doing another, not to mention fsmash possibilities once u land

edge guard with charizard, you dont even chase them off the stage, especially against ganon. Fairs work really well, as his recovery is very predictable. Also you should move around the stage more. You stand in one place a lot, you dont want your opponent to know where you are going to be at any given moment. And you should be doing grab>pummel>grab release>jab to grab again, dont throw with char against slow opponents unless they are going to die from it or they are at really high percent. You will rack up way more damage this way as well as piss off your opponent.

you are actually really careful about what you do, you don't spam attacks like most players, so props for that. I would recommend putting more time into squirtle though, you dont do bad for the small amount of time you allow him and hes generally agreed to be the best of the three. Squirtle's speed allows you to just do things like jump up and down and wait for them to do a laggy move. Also, dont be afraid to just run off the stage and edgehog with ivysaur. The upB trick, while flashy, is harder to accomplish and against a character like ganon I can see just grabbing the ledge being the better option in a few cases that i saw in the first match.

BULLET SEED

counter picking ganon: anything with platforms, so battlefield would probably be your best choice. he doesnt have much maneuverability and hes slow, so youo can capitalize on his landing lag.

dre_89_

Smash Cadet
I thought Charizard was generally agreed to be the best....

Miles.

Smash Champion
also bulletseed ***** ***** ***** ganon and it is pretty easy to land it out of shield or combo into it from all those nairs you were landing.

nice pt though. and i dont say that often.

Top Bottom