• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*As per requested*: How to make super smooth video recordings

Status
Not open for further replies.

_kSo_

Smash Master
As per requested, here it is:
How to make super smooth video recordings
Not to mention it’ll cost you less than $30 for equipment.

Note: I originally posted this in the smash64 discussion forum but i feel it will be more help to people here.

Hokay so you will need 3 things to make super smooth videos

*Note: If you have a TV out option on your TV, then just take your RCA A/V cables and connect it from your TV to your GB and you should be all set. (Hence, skip the y-splitter setup section)

1.) GameBridge (go on amazon and search Gamebridge AVC-1400 and you’ll find it)
a. Looks like this​

2.) RCA Y-Splitters x 3 (~$4 a piece at radio shack, but people have told me that they have seen it at wal-mart for cheaper)

a. These may be labeled as TV audio cables or phono Y-splitters, however they are all the same. Just make sure they aren’t stereo audio cables. Those are different.​
b. Looks like this​

3.) A decent computer (your computer is probably better than you think; my computer is not too good and my recordings come out fine)

4.) (optional) RCA A/V cables and couplers for a longer connection
a. Connect the couplers to the said male ports and one end of the cables to the other side, and one to the TV. Repeat on other male side of Y-splitters to connect to GB.​
b. RCA A/V Cables:​

c. Triple RCA coupler (may be sold in single sections rather than three all together. Also, may be referred to as phono plugs – it’s the same thing)​

Once you have your GameBridge (from now on it will be referred to as a GB; not to be mixed up with gameboy which is not at all what this thread is about), install the program that comes on the disc and follow all the instructions.

Before we move on, we must now set up your wiring.

Ok, so you should have gone out and purchased three RCA Y-splitters.

As you can see, there are 2 male ports and 1 female port. Your GB is equipped with 3 female ports, your N64 wires are equipped with 3 male ports and your TV is equipped with 3 female ports.
It might make it easier to mark each of these wires with colors (yellow, white, red) to differentiate between the wiring.

Now, your N64 wires will go into the female port. 3 of the male ports will go into the TV and the other three will go into the GB.

Ok, so your wires are set up and your GB program is installed. Now plug in your GB and turn on your N64 (and your TV of course). Open up the program you just installed and click the “Gamebridge” button. It will go directly to a “movie” screen with controls at the bottom (record, stop, play, etc). On this screen, you should see everything and anything that your N64 is doing. It should match your TV screen. Just hit “record” whenever you are ready and start making videos!

Please feel free to PM me or just post in this thread if you have any additional questions or any suggestions on making this guide better.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
Wow, good job. Thanks. I've always wanted to record videos, buy my only means of doing so was recording it to VHS, and then capturing that on my computer. This process will get rid of the middle man and have better quality.

Holy crap. The Game Bridge is less than $10 on Amazon.

EDIT1: Maybe this should go in the Videography section.

EDIT2: I found a video review of the Gamebridge. It has footage of an NES game, an SNES game, and a PS2 game, if anybody's wondering what the quality is like. The Review

_kSo_

Smash Master
Yea GB is mad cheap. Where is the videography section so i can put this there as well? i want to make as much use out of this guide as possible which means other people getting a use out of it and giving me feedback/suggestions

*edit* nvm i found it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom